New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

brand new Mazda5 owner here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Cool brand new Mazda5 owner here!

Hi there,

We just bought a 2010 Mazda5 here in town. Only 4 miles on it and its still at the dealer getting cleaned up.

My first Mazda since a 626 about 10 years ago, and so far I'm impressed. It seems to be exactly what we need in a car with just enough character to be interesting.

I look forward to talking with you all about this great car.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:16 AM

Hi. I bought a 2010 Mazda 5 manual last Tuesday - loved the car until the emergency brake gave out while it was sitting in my driveway and rolled into my neighbors car - causeing significant damage. Dealership initial reaction is that iti is my problem. I am trying to find the site on here where others posted about this problem - just be careful - I found 10 cases of this happening around the country.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:55 AM

Going to be tough to prove unless the problem is obvious AND reproducible. Good luck, if you are sure you have a good claim get a lawyer before doing anything else. A letter from one is often enough to get a dealer to settle, and will otherwise know how to establish evidence for your case.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Agreed. I have not heard/read about any problem w/the parking brake until now?
I have owned my 3 series for over 6 years now which is basically the same car/chassis/brakes as your 5, 5-speed and always use the parking brake. Never a problem.

And JamesG, I am so sorry I/we didn't see your initial post until now. It happens, but I am sorry you have gone virtually unnoticed.
So a belated, Welcome to Mazdaforum to you... and you too, samestory!!
How's the 5 treating you.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1
Agreed. I have not heard/read about any problem w/the parking brake until now?
I have owned my 3 series for over 6 years now which is basically the same car/chassis/brakes as your 5, 5-speed and always use the parking brake. Never a problem.

And JamesG, I am so sorry I/we didn't see your initial post until now. It happens, but I am sorry you have gone virtually unnoticed.
So a belated, Welcome to Mazdaforum to you... and you too, samestory!!
How's the 5 treating you.
Hi. Thanks for the input. I read someone else who brought up the Mazda 3 point - I am wondering if the Mazda 5 is a heavier vehicle? If the brakes work/fit differntly becaue it is a bigger vehicle?

Also, since you get around the site - there was a number of people who had discussed this issue - I found it when I googled the issue - but now that I am on, I can't find those conversations - do you know how I can find them? Kind of scary that Mazda is washing it hands - one guy (not sure if it was in this forum or on the national complaints) discussed the car sitting for 10 minutes with the brake on - two kids in the car, and then letting go - yikes! I am frustrated by the lack of "we will take care of the damage", but more concerned about long term how can I ever trust the park brake. Sorry - venting again . . .