Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HELP!! Minivan rammed my brand new car!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Default HELP!! Minivan rammed my brand new car!

Hello - I am new to all this. Does anyone know what I can do to the car to make the ride less bumpy? I don't know about modifying shock absorption.

Thank you so much!

Old 07-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Default RE: Help: Less bumps in the road

It won't handle as well if you soften up the suspension. If you currently have 17" rims/tires, you could downgrade to a 16" wheel/tire combo to give yourself more tire sidewall to absorb impacts. Take a look at your local dealership at the wheel/tire size that comes stock on the Mazda3. (The 3i comes equipped with 15" wheels/tires from the factory, but they won't fit on the 3s due to brake clearance.)

Most aftermarket suspension products are made to improve the handling of vehicles. This typically makes the ride more stiff, not less stiff.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:40 AM

>>Does anyone know what I can do to the car to make the ride less bumpy?>>

Yea, um, sell the car and buy a Camry. Sorry for being a smarty pants, I just couldn't help it ;-)

The car is bumpy but that's what a performance car rides like. This thing handles like it's on rails. The price you pay.

If you want to sell your 17" wheels and tires for $300, let me know.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:13 PM

[>:]

I had 16" on my old Focus and still bumpy...

Just trying to make adjustments to LOOVE the car... bumpy ride is my ONLY complaint right now and if that went away it would be wonderful.

Anyone know how it handles on icy roads, yet?

Old 07-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

ice handling is going to depend mostly on your tires. If you're going to be driving in ice/snow a lot then invest in another set of wheels and put some studded snow tires on for the winter months. The stock Goodyears that most 3's got are a pretty hard rubber, so they tend to freeze up and not handle very well in harsh conditions. I personally haven't had any problems on them, but the NC winter isn't nearly what I used to experience in the VA mountains.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:24 AM

Get Dunlop Wintersport M3's in a 205/50R17. They are awesome. I put hundreds of miles in on icy roads in the winter.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Default HELP! Minivan rammed my brand new car!

Thanks for the tips on icy roads. Now I have a bigger problem, though...

[:@] A*HOLE HIT MY BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!!!!! I've had it less than a month and guy in a mini-van drives right into it in the parking lot! He comes out and said he was so sorry! AUGH!

SO, my question now is, has anyone had to go through body repairs on their 2006 3s, yet??

Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP! Minivan rammed my brand new car!

wow, that sucks. How bad was the damage? have any pictures? When you go to have repairs done (I'm assuming their insurance is paying, yes?) then just make sure it's done by a good body shop, you get new genuine OEM mazda parts, and a lifetime warranty on the repairs

Old 07-25-2006, 01:25 AM

anyhting mechanical damaged or just body?

Old 07-25-2006, 01:14 PM

the bumpy ride is due to the suspension, shocks and tires. most sporty cars are more bumpy then other cars like the corolla due to the nature of the car. the mazda 3 is designed so that it can corner and handle very well and give a good response back to the driver. softening the shocks and suspension system is only going to hurt the cars handling capabilities

Quick Reply: HELP!! Minivan rammed my brand new car!