Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

automatic climate control

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Default automatic climate control

Just picked up our new Mazda 5 and found out that ours was the last one received in Ontario until at least January 2006.
The car is great!!! I just have one pet peeve. When I have my temperature set at 22-25 degrees Celsius, the A/C light turns on. I have the mode set at feet and/or face or even defrost and it still remains on. When I press the A/C button to turn it off, then the automatic climate control shuts off.
Has anyone had any experience like this. In cold weather, I do not need the A/C on, I need heat and there is no need for the A/C light to come on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Default RE: automatic climate control

Mine does the same thing...and I do not think the AC is actually on...the light is just lit to let you know the computer has controll of the AC...at least that is what I tell myself.

It is quite annoying...so I had to just ignore it.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:14 PM

i have the M5 in EU

the A/C compresor is activate (can hear the click)at automatic climate control in heating condition!!!!!!!!.

as i can see it this is a bug.

we should tell this to your local dealer

hope it's help you

m steiner

Old 11-28-2005, 05:55 PM

Hi,
Air conditioning system is switched off if outside cold! The car hatt a sensor that the air conditioning system switches off at low temperatures, even if on the display A/C stands

Sorry for my bad English

Old 12-05-2005, 12:39 AM

The way that I use the climate control is the following:
Press auto. The Ac is turning on but you can press it back to turn it off. Then set the temp you want. The fan will adjust it self automatically to keep the temp that you want. In cold temperature, when you start the car, the fan will be slow for a few minute but as soon as the engine will be hot enough, the speed of the fan will increase automaticaly. Then, when the temp will be like you asked, the fan will slow itself. You then can try too raise the temp wanted and you will see the fan speeding accordingly. If you select the defrost direction, the fan will increase even if you are the selected temp. But when you return to face and feet for example, the fan will adjust itself alone. This set up will be good until you adjust the speed of the fan manualy. Still to have it back in auto mode, push auto and AC to shut the AC off.

It's a bit hard too explain in text and in english since I'm french speaking but I hope that it can help!

Old 12-09-2005, 06:23 PM

LOL...that doesnt should like automated climate control to me.

Old 12-10-2005, 06:13 PM

i have been in a friend car (toyota) and the same logic is in that car
whane you push the control comand the light of a/c is on
the same is in KIA and HYUNDAI and i look for HONDA and ...
the same.
may b we are thinking not as the people far east and thay right???!!!!!
if all control climate working the same in the far east brandes
we should re insect that issue.
m x

Old 01-22-2008, 09:49 AM

Guys dont panic even if AC turned on, you have on your display beside AC sign ECON - it means it works without compressor in ECONOMIC MODE.
German cars for instance have seperate ECON button, but here senzors do the job! Only thing is you could have foggy windows without it.......