Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Auto door locks and auto headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Default RE: Auto door locks and auto headlights

auto headlights and locks are possible. They are included with some aftermarket alarm products like the Clifford Intelliguard series, and the AvanteGuard series alarms. A good car stereo tech can wire up a couple things right off the bat. I'm working on a couple of my own too. I am going to power the ignition circuit with the interior light timer to allow for window roll-up or roll-down temporarily after ignition off. Also, i'm going to pulse the door locks to LOCK after initial start, and subsequent placing the transmission in "D". If i could find a way to tap the speed sensor, i'd use it to pulse the locks instead, but again...this stuff comes with a good bit of experience with alarms and whatnot. Check out your local stereo shops, and be prepared to pay for it. That kind of creative work isn't cheap anymore (sad to say)

Old 09-16-2009, 06:06 PM

I know that this thread has been idle for more than 2 years, but I am trying to find info about power to windows after the key is off. Anyone know a DIY mod?

Old 09-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Default Heated Mirrors

Hi Mazda mom i took our Mazda to have the tracking done and left to start work at 06:15. There was a lot of morning due that had condensated on the mirrors so after i stared off i thought it would have cleared. After about 3 miles i still could not use the side mirrors unless you wiped them off.

I pressed the heated windscreen button centre swith/demister and after a couple of minutes they cleared. Is this what your were refering to? Mine are electric mirrors so there is power to the elements as well

Does this answer you question?