Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Door Locks and Remote Key Fob

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Default Door Locks and Remote Key Fob

Just got a key fob and it locks all the doors,unlocks the trunk and sets off the alarm. However it only unlocks the drivers door. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I do not have a manual on the car. Is there is switch or something in the car to make it unlock all the doors? Thanks.

sailor

Old 02-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Default RE: Door Locks and Remote Key Fob

Just hold the unlock button down for a few seconds. It will unlock drivers side first, then all the doors.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:39 PM

Thanks dmbrwski you are a genius!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 PM

sailor, how much did the key cost u? where did u get it done?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:19 PM

Hey slavashalava
I bought a FOB not the key. The FOB was about 50.00 from OriginalKeyless.com they have real bad service though. It took a month to get the thing and I had to cancel the charge on my credit card. A long story but I did eventually get it. I'd like to know where to get a spare key. Dealer quoted me $75.00 and a couple locksmiths, the kind with a truck and no office quoted me about $85.00. I'm in Atlanta and can't find anybody to make one cheaper. I figure it's worth about 25 bucks if you know anyone that has a machine that will cut it. It needs a mill. There is no laser involved. You'll hear people say "Laser Cut", that's a bunch of malarky. I used to be in the lock business and know about keys and key machines. In fact had heavy equipment keys made in Taiwan by the thousands check here www.equipmentkeys.com. And there are no electronics in my key, 99 2.5l. It's just a dumb milled key.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:53 PM

thanks sailor, i do have two keys, but the second one doesn't open my trunk. i dont really care about it that much though cause if i can open my car then i can get into my trunk. but thanks for the link, i'll deff order an FOB. i will still try to find a place where i can make on more key, which will open up my trunk. as i said ur info is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:26 PM

HI, I have a 97, got the remote from original keyless--and waited a long time for it too--but now I can't get it programmed. I definitely have a transponder, it beeps when it's supposed to but the FOB doesn't. There seems to be some kind of short in the driver side door, the lights don't always stay lit and the lock freezes up, only on that side--works fine on the inside and opens right up when I use the key in the other door. Could that be the problem?
BTW I got my keys from the dealer, $$ but they work,