Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda5-43/)
-   -   Auto door locks and auto headlights (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda5-43/auto-door-locks-auto-headlights-7613/)

Mazda5 Mom 04-04-2007 09:35 PM

Auto door locks and auto headlights

Hello, I have had my Mazda5 for 2 months today and I LOVE IT! I only have two items that I would like to add. Auto door locks and auto headlights. Does anyone know if these can be added aftermarket and where I might be able to find them? Heated side mirrors would be nice also.

Thanks for any info you can supply.
Mazda5 Mom

PHILIP 04-05-2007 10:31 AM

RE: Auto door locks and auto headlights

For the DRL's (daytime running lights), look in your manual for a fuse to install to activate. That is how Ford used to do it for Canadian vehicles. I will look in our manual tonight and try to find it as well. Philip.

AIMWO4 04-05-2007 11:45 AM

My 2007 Manual has nothing on the fuse for the daytime running lights. It just has a section (5-48) about their use in Canada:
In Canada, vehicles must be driven with
the headlights on during daytime
operation.
For that reason, the daytime running lights
automatically turn on when the ignition
switch is turned to the ON position.
NOTE
The Daytime Running Lights turn off
when the parking brake is applied.

It also doesn't have a slot designated for a fuse in the manual. Let us know what you find out!

Some of these options might be programmable by the dealership (like my Saab). Maybe I'll give them a call.

babyhuey 04-05-2007 08:15 PM

None of the above are available as an option from Mazda. No fuse or module programming will enable DRL either. The function is built into the Body Control Module so you would basically need to obtain a BCM for a Canadian vehicle. The only programmable parameters on the 5 is to enable or disable the driver and passenger seat beltminder and setting the sensitivity of the Auto-on headlights to normal or low.

PHILIP 04-06-2007 08:53 AM

BabyHuey, I have had my Mazda 5 into the dealership twice to deactivate the key on seat belt reminder ding. I picked it up last night and they said they could not do the drivers side. They did do the passenger side under TSB 08-007/05. Do you know what the TSB is for the drivers side? If so, I will pass it onto them. I sometimes question their skill and enthusiasm because they are primarily a GMC/Pontiac dealership at the same location as well. Thank you. Philip.

babyhuey 04-07-2007 12:58 AM

There is not actually a TSB for disabling the drivers side on the 5 PHILIP. The TSB that I think you are refering to was targeted at the 6 although I do not know why it could not be applied to other vehicles. The drivers side beltminder on your 5 could be disabled just as easily on the 6 as on your 5 and for no other reason in that the owner would like that to be that way. Just a matter of pushing a couple of buttons on the IDS laptop and both sides could be disabled. Since they were there already, I do not understand why they would not have finished unless they are concerned about some liability concerns. The passenger side was allowed to be covered under warranty at no charge to you but the drivers side will not be. Am sure they will probably want to gouge you an hours labor to do this, if they even will. If you are ever in Oregon area, pop by and I will shut it off for you myself for no charge.

babyhuey 04-07-2007 12:58 AM

There is not actually a TSB for disabling the drivers side on the 5 PHILIP. The TSB that I think you are refering to was targeted at the 6 although I do not know why it could not be applied to other vehicles. The drivers side beltminder on your 5 could be disabled just as easily on the 6 as on your 5 and for no other reason in that the owner would like that to be that way. Just a matter of pushing a couple of buttons on the IDS laptop and both sides could be disabled. Since they were there already, I do not understand why they would not have finished unless they are concerned about some liability concerns. The passenger side was allowed to be covered under warranty at no charge to you but the drivers side will not be. Am sure they will probably want to gouge you an hours labor to do this, if they even will. If you are ever in Oregon area, pop by and I will shut it off for you myself for no charge.

minnie 06-14-2007 03:29 AM

Hey Mazda5 Mom... Try first looking foryour heated side mirror and I hope someone knows about it....... I gonna ask my friend because he got auto door locks and auto headlights. I'm going back here when I got him online.! Goodluck!

Mazda5 Mom 06-14-2007 07:17 AM

Minnie, If you could get me that info, I would be more than greatful. I have been looking and can not find anything, maybe because my search skills are a bit rusty (with having a baby and not having the time to get online) Thanks much, Mazda5 Mom

minnie 06-29-2007 02:35 AM

Oh Mazda 5 Mom.. I am asking an apology for this.. I can't reach my friend even his mobile number until now... i'm so sorry. According to my source my friend is moving to UK for a long stay..,. I keep on looking for the solution to this...