Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

2009 Mazda5 lift gate glass problem

Old 01-30-2019, 09:59 PM
Default 2009 Mazda5 lift gate glass problem

Hi everyone we've got a water leak in our 5 and I've discovered the top left corner of the glass has movement and can separate from the seal and likely allow water to enter the car.
I'd like to try and fix it, but can't find any details of how to disassemble the liftgate interior trim. I'm guessing it's lost of spring clips, but it's also fits really tight so I'm not really sure that it can come off. Does anyone have details on how to get access to the glass mounts?

I haven't found any service manual for the '09 5 all search results seem heavy on CX-5 (uggh). The 3's liftgate interior is completely different so those docs won't help.

I'm a DIY guy, and have stopped after removing the lower panel which protects the back side of the wiper and license plate lights. I didn't go deeper because I can't find any obvious clips (if there are any) If there's no good access not a big loss because we have a cracked windshield and will be getting replaced soon so the glass folks could likely fix the liftgate glass.

Thanks!

Thanks