Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

How do I program my rear view mirror to open my gate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Default How do I program my rear view mirror to open my gate?

I have an 06 Mazda 3 Touring with the "fancy" mirror that opens your garage door... bla bla... well I programmed my garage door when I first got it, and it's been about a year, and now I want to program it for the gate at my new condo complex, but I forgot the steps.. to do this, does anyone know how?
I'd appreciate your help. God bless, Dennis

Matthew 6:33 "... put first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."

Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Default RE: How do I program my rear view mirror to open my gate?

Contact Homelink, they can walk you through the steps to program your system

Old 10-10-2007, 06:18 PM

Who's homelink? and where would I get a hold of them?

Old 10-11-2007, 11:40 AM

I don't have the number handy, but Homelink is who makes the garage opener built into your mirror. Look it up on the internet. Should be a toll free number to call and they can walk you through it.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:03 PM

Ok, I got it worked out and will post it here for anyone else to look up if they have the same issue...
I finally got a hold of the service manager that showed me how to program my "deluxe" rear view mirror for my 06' mazda 3 Touring. Well he showed me 2 things on accident... He was trying to show me how to program one of the 3 programmable buttons to operate the gate at my condo.

(WARNING: KEEP CARS AND PEOPLE AWAY FROM DOOR/GATE IN CASE IT MOVES WHILE PROGRAMMING)

First he showed me how to reset them all... which he claimed was the first step to programming it (I found this out later) Well to reset them all, hold down the first programmable button and the 3rd for about 30 seconds until the indicator light blinks... all cleared... (Don't do this if you have some already saved on there that you'd like to keep)

(WARNING: KEEP CARS AND PEOPLE AWAY FROM DOOR/GATE IN CASE IT MOVES WHILE PROGRAMMING)

Secondly he showed me how to program individual buttons... You simply hold down the programmable button you want to program (having the remote control to the door/gate you want to use handy.) for about 25 seconds, until the indicator light blinks slowly... then while still holding the programmable button, press and hold the garage/gate door opener that you are copying (wireless) and hold both down until the indicator light flashes quickly... that lets you know that it has the frequency needed. Test it.. Repeat this step for programming the other 2 programmable buttons.