Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

2008 mazda 5 roof mounted DVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Default 2008 mazda 5 roof mounted DVD

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I am considering the Mazda 5 sport Nav (UK spec 2008) and have asked a numberof dealers about the roof mounted DVD player and screen. Some think it has been discontinued butUK customer service confirm the 7 inch is available with aux inputs. I need aux inputs because I play the films back via my ipod video in my current car which is aToyota Verso T Spirit and this works a treat through the headrest screens. I tend to find non original DVDs skip when played through the supplied DVD Player.

Couple of questions!!

Is this MazdaDVD player able to play non original DVD's

1. Is there an auxilary input for games and ipod video etc... if so where is this positioned? It has been mentioned it was in the rear of the front seats

2. Is there an audio output to run the audio through either an FM modulator (hard wired)or direct to the aux socket and play the audio through the car speakers

3. Does anyone know the make and model of the mazda fitted roof mounted DVD Player so I could browse the net for more information.

I would be grateful if anyone can help me as this will help me make my mind up as I am also looking at the ford S Max and the Citroen Grand Picasso.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Default RE: 2008 mazda 5 roof mounted DVD

Although this went in December - for £146 [:@]- you can still view it on eBay - might give you some clues.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:IT&ih=005

Old 02-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Default RE: 2008 mazda 5 roof mounted DVD

thanks for the response. I saw this a couple of days ago and it looks ideal with the conectivity I was looking for however Mazda now say that the new version for 2008 is a 7 inch version and nobody can provide me with any information except that it costs about £900. I do nmot know about anyone else but I am not prepared to pay the best part of a grand for something I know nothing about.

Having visited a number of dealerships recently looking at various makes I have come to the conclusion the the sales people know next to nothing about the products they sell and this to me is an absolute disgrace. I was looking at the vauxhall Zafira VXR and I had to correct the sales man on a number of occassions due to the absolute bull***t he was coming out with. An example was 0-60 in less that 6 secs...... that totally put me off vauxhall.