Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Tired of removing under engine protective cover.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Default RE: Tired of removing under engine protective cover.

will u guys quit whinin'? its just as useless as the engine cover on TOP of the engine. no damage, unless ur car is lowered to the floor that ur grinding ur exhaust pipe or something. otherwise ur fine!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 PM

[sm=exactly.gif]...Well said..!! Excellent response!!

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

will u guys quit whinin'? its just as useless as the engine cover on TOP of the engine. no damage, unless ur car is lowered to the floor that ur grinding ur exhaust pipe or something. otherwise ur fine!

Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 PM

I don't mean to hate but if you barerly own a set of sockets, what are you doing changing your oil anyway? And why are you lazy to take down the sheild you only have to remove it once every 3000 miles.

My opinion i would leave it up, because i would feel more confortable knowing that im protected from road debri.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:36 AM

OK childrens!!...enought is enought. The cover is down (removed) and has been down for a while. End of story, its time toturn the page and stopmaking a big deal aboutthis subject anymore. Thanks to all of you who responded to my message.
By the way.....(04mazdadriver), I didnt knowI need a wholeselection of tools to change oil? after all, what else is there to use??
I do it my self for three reasons, first because I dont trust Oil ChangerStation, second because I buy and use my own brand of oil and third, I do it because Iwant to, as a hobby, I dont do it for a living.I also have the right to be lazy and try to find a faster and easy way to do it.
I use a set of sockets andthe filter remover tool. What else doI need? Do I need a NASCAR garage or NASCAR set of tool to do this job?I think(04mazdadriver) does lot of oil changes for a living (full 8 hours job) which require better tools and no time to be lazy otherwisehe/she wontget paid or fired...
The first part of(04mazdadriver) response is rude. The second part, with his/her opinion,responded to my question just fine.
Thats the problem with some forums, you ask a simple question and some new membersget offthe subject to thepoint of insulting other members with bar talk. Cmon, child, lets be grown-ups about this.Try hard to bean adult so you can respond like one. Dont give elementary school responses. For all I care, youcan be an oil changerexpert but your responses sounds like is coming from a very immature/ignorant individual with cero knowledge of how to participate in forum discussions and in desperatelly need of a IQ booster shot.
Here is a hint: Stick to the subject. Respond with a simple, clear and speciallyintelligentanswer.If you dont know or never learnedhow to respond the polite way, without adding the insults, might as well stay quiet and learn from others while youre here. SHAME ON YOU!!... [sm=boosign.gif]

ORIGINAL: 04mazdadriver

I dont mean to hate but if you barerly own a set of sockets, what are you doing changing your oil anyway? And why are you lazy to take down the sheild you only have to remove it once every 3000 miles.

My opinion i would leave it up, because i would feel more confortable knowing that im protected from road debri.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:57 PM

HAHA!

Old 08-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

No need to take this to the limits, guys. I saw the potential in what 04Mazdadriver said and did nothing about it. But I'm a little surprised that YBY took it to the extreme.
No need for that guys. We're all here for the same reasons, more or less. Shake it off, will you? Shake it off, agree to disagree and shake hands, please.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:52 PM

I didnt mean to offend yby. What i was getting at is most people who own limited tools are usually the people who are less experienced and if they screw up its on them. How ever those who take there car to get things done if something goes wrong with whatwas donethen its on theshop who did the work.

I know from personal experience mazda parts aren't cheap...And this site is a great place to get advice....yet everyone will have a different opinion or belief on things.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

I agree, and thanks for clearing that up.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:54 PM

GROUP HUG EVERYBODY!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:37 PM

I missed the battle, and I'm to lazy to read it all.

Peace and love
[align=left] [/align]