Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Time to change gearbox oil mazda 3 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 10:03 PM

Does the gearbox have an expiry date, such as a car that has traveled 9,000 miles in three years, or should the gearbox oil be replaced?

Old 02-29-2020, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

In this case, a visual inspection and sniff test would answer this.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:23 AM

LOL I DON'T do reverse flushing on any transmission..as I said doing a PROPER SERVICE... Shippo you really need to slow down and read what I post. LOL

grim_reaper perhaps you can explain to shippo that you can safely exchange the complete fluid in most any ATX without reverse flushing and without harm to an ATX.
I mean the dude has little knowledge about the procedure or he would know the proper way is with the flow............... after the main body..... well I will let you explain ...ha!

Last edited by Callisto; 02-29-2020 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
LOL I DON'T do reverse flushing on any transmission..as I said doing a PROPER SERVICE... Shippo you really need to slow down and read what I post. LOL

grim_reaper perhaps you can explain to shippo that you can safely exchange the complete fluid in most any ATX without reverse flushing and without harm to an ATX.
I mean the dude has little knowledge about the procedure or he would know the proper way is with the flow............... after the main body..... well I will let you explain ...ha!
If you use a machine to service your ATF, then it is doing it most likely in reverse.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

I've only ever used a Wynn's brand trans flush machine, it connected in-line with the trans cooler hoses, it ran with the engine running, and basically recovered old fluid sent to the cooler while simultaneously pumping fresh fluid back to the transmission as if it's just left the cooler.

Definitely no back flushing.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
If you use a machine to service your ATF, then it is doing it most likely in reverse.
Man you really have a reading comprehension problem....... try re-reading the last sentence in my response. ROLMAO!
Here let me help you a little ..... my quote " after the main body.".. this means in the direction of the fluid EXITING the transmission ... get now? wow! dude really!!!!
LOL

Here is an adapter I made based on the adapter used by a few PROFESSION FLUSHING Machine.
Like everything else that is done anywhere in the world if not done PROPERLY you will hear about on some forum from some member who has NO EXPERNCE with the service but is quick to rely on bad information he finds.
All of my responses have specifically qualified that I performed this service many times on many vehicles for years and it is safe and WILL NOT CAUSE any DAMAGE to a TRANSMISSION when the service using a PROFESSION grade equipment design for that specif service using the proper adapters and following the service procedure manual for the specif model of transmission being serviced.

Here is an adapter I made based on the adapter used by a few PROFESSION FLUSHING Machine. Technically speaking I could theoretically do a DIY fluid replacement in my own home garage but it would be a bit more task involved to contain and introduce the new fluid correctly. I built this adapter to add a monitored and thermostatically control fan attached transmission cooler that I can effectually lower the transmission fluid temperature below the engine temperature and closer to the optimum operation temperature for a ATX in my Mazda 3.
Not my first dance at successfully making a better Performance system on a vehicle....

grim_reaper
Ya thank you for your post. I have NO CLUE where shippo saw I ever said reverse flushing in any of my responses on this thread.
​​​​​​​Sorry that you had to delete one of my responses!

Last edited by Callisto; 02-29-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:39 AM

Then what you are doing is simply replacing the ATF, that does not qualify as a flush.

Old 03-01-2020, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Shipo, what is your definition of a transmission flush?

Old 03-01-2020, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Shipo, what is your definition of a transmission flush?
Wow! stubborn but at least you are asking questions now instead of assuming or posting information about a procedure you most likely never personally did your self.

First the basic meaning (one of) the word "FLUSH" : b: to pour liquid over or through.

Next during a Professional Transmission Service the trained experienced Automotive Technician may decide to introduce a chemical (same as some of us do before an engine oil change like "SEAFOAM" to help clean the internal parts during the "flushing" or replacement of the old fluid with the new.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:55 AM

The term flush implies a reverse flow through the transmission galleries AND filter; ostensibly to clear the filter of any accumulated debris. Your forward flow simply replaces the ATF, something which can be done with a few drain and refill cycles.

Quick Reply: Time to change gearbox oil mazda 3 2.0