Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Things I want To See On The 2009 Mazda3

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Things I want To See On The 2009 Mazda3

ORIGINAL: LevOh yeah, Icspots I have an 05 3s 4dr and when i was looking for my car i told the dealer the onlyoption i wanted on my car where the HID's. He said those will only be on the cars thatare fully loaded, and my dad was buying the car so i had to take what i got. ...........

Also with the halogen unit, you are able to raise or lower the beam. When i discovered this i pointed them up too high, because i did the adjusting during the day and had no clue how high i had them. When i drove,the tops of trees were lit. There was absolutely no use for the high beams, but with the xenons in i knew i was blinding and pissing people off.
Up until '06 HIDs were an optional package bundled with TPMS which was available on all s-models independantly of leather. Most dealers however only ordered them on fully loaded cars, and unless you special ordered a car with that option you weren't likely to get it without all the other stuff.

The halogen unit doesn't allow you to raise and lower the beam outside of the height adjustment screws on the headlight itself, and all headlights have that. The OEM HID headlights in the US have a manual leveling system with a control dial to the left of the steering wheel by the dimmer dial. Mazdas in Europe have auto-leveling as it's required there for HID equipped cars. Mazda just chose to save some money with the manual leveling in the US. Light leveling should always be done against a flat vertical surface, and the top of your beam shouldn't go above the bottom of a side window on another car.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: icspots

Mazdas in Europe have auto-leveling as it's required there for HID equipped cars. Mazda just chose to save some money with the manual leveling in the US.
I am in Europe (Netherlands) and I have manual leveling.
If anything I would like to see better speedo dial/lighting for next models.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mazda3citd

ORIGINAL: icspots

Mazdas in Europe have auto-leveling as it's required there for HID equipped cars. Mazda just chose to save some money with the manual leveling in the US.
I am in Europe (Netherlands) and I have manual leveling.
If anything I would like to see better speedo dial/lighting for next models.
I retract that! :P I know some European countries require auto-leveling for HIDs..... I guess it's just not all.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

If it's any consolation, I was under the same impression as you... that they were required in most/all Euro countries. Sure seen 'em on a lot of Euro cars!!