Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

speed 3 mode 6 miss only, no dtc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Default speed 3 mode 6 miss only, no dtc.

ok, any techs out there. I've run into an issue.. Got a 06 speed 3 with a miss under load3rd gear, 20-50mph, up hill, 68% or more throttle. I've installed the54.3 pcm flash update, a new hp fuel pump, and even tossed the air fuel ratio sensor at the damn thing. So the basic trouble parts are covered. I've even swaped plugs and coils from a cx7. Still misses, with no DTCs. It will register mode 6 current drive cycle misfires only, on all four cylinders, but not consistantly. Fuel trim is good, MAF is good, HO2S1 is new (air fuel sensor), and HO2S2 is reading well. Throttle sensor 1 and 2 more or less match desired TP. The only thing I can't put my finger on is the MAP readings. When this miss occures I'm reading 206.00kpa... yes that's 206 kpa and converts to 29.22 something or other psi.. This can't be right can it?? I'm getting a hard boost number tomarrow when I bring the pressure transducer for the old WDS back to work.. But is this possable, or better yet, how does the MAP read? Under MS3 inspection of MAP sensor it instructs to put -25kpa (that's now vac not pressure), on the the sensor and check PIDs for a reading of +25kpa.. Is the pcm reading the MAP as a 2 step logic? (low readings mean one thing like vac. and higher readings mean pressure?) What I'm tring to get at as the car drives like it has an over boost problem, an it's concivalbe that the hp fuel pump could feed enough fuel for such high pressures without effecting trims...

Any true pros from dover give me a shout please...

Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Default RE: speed 3 mode 6 miss only, no dtc.

Oh ****,, I ment a speed 6 not a 3, sorry.. long days.. anyway, same thing the disi motor in both cars are identical part for part...

Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 AM

ok im going to probably sound like a n00b but here is goes. i know a hell of a lot more about honda and am not too familiar with some of the tearm that you are using so idk if im getting eveything. anyways if you are pushing 29psi as you think, you are missing b/c you have a) no/not a good enough tune of your ecu for the boost your are pushing, or b) your ecu doesnt know what to do b/c of the extra psi and is missing or not firing b/c it is designed to run the car safe not fast. like i said i work on hondas and jus recentally joined so a lot of this info is from prior knowledge form boosted hondas. are you throwing any CEL's? or any other idiot lights?

Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 AM

i jus re-read your post and your fuel pump can put out too much fuel but i would think that you would throw a CEL of something...hell you could smell if you were running that rich. it sound like you are in desperate need of a tune!! if you didnt get one after the fuel pump and all other sensors and stuff that you have done. that should fix your problem...jus my 2 cents.