Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Sell me a Mazda!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Default Sell me a Mazda!

I'm just beginning my research for a new car, and some friends recommended that I check out the Mazda 3 (specifically, the hatchback). I probably won't get a new car for a while but I'd like to do thorough research before deciding. I currently have an '05 Toyota Corolla and it's a great car. I could replace it with a new one when the times comes, or look into the Rav4 (I've never owned an SUV but this one intrigues me for some reason).

I know Toyotas really well, as my everyone in my family has owned them for many years. I don't know Mazdas at all. I've tried to build one online just to check out the different options, but I don't find the site to be easy to navigate. I'm looking for something that has great fuel economy/gas mileage, is very reliable, roomy, and good visibility (I'm under 5', so that's one's a must, silly as it may seem to point out) and has good resale value. Oh, I live in New England where road conditions can vary greatly in the winter. A car that handles well in tough conditions is something I need to think about, too.

What do you see as the pros and cons of Mazdas, and the Mazda 3 specifically? Any tips, suggestions, or things to keep in mind? Anything else you'd recommend besides the Mazda 3?

Last edited by zoebartlett; 02-12-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM

you still looking at a 3?