Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Road Noise- Ride

Old 10-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Default Road Noise- Ride

Hey guys...

I have an 04' mazda 3 nordic green auto.. and i have posted about this before but dont think i ever really got it resolved.. anyways... when i drive on highway about 60 or more mph... you can REALLY hear the roadnoise and the noise coming from the tires... and i swear it wasnt that loud when i first got the car... ive put alot of miles on it i suppose since i got it , need a tire rotation.. maybe thats why? but its gotten louder and almost a shaky ride too... if i need a tire rotation wouldnt it most likely feel this way? someone please let me know! i just hope its nothing more costly than it should be.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Default RE: Road Noise- Ride

I had that problem with my rear tires when I was driving back to Texas from Santa Fe New Mexico. Turns out it was tread seperation. The tire looks ok but what I couldn't see untill it was pointed out was the the tires where bascially really worn.

That could be it, I mean it sound very simillar to what I had happen to me.

So you get the nosie and vibration? Also you might what to see if it is out of allinment. That was also another porblem I had that I got fixed.

Well I hope that helps.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:07 PM

im curious to know how many miles you have on your car now. because i have noticed the road noise and my steering wheel along with my car shakes when braking from like 60 mph as well. should i go into the dealership and complain to get it fixed. but what am i complaining about, if i don't give them something to fix they will just say its normal u know.

Old 10-22-2005, 10:57 AM

what you need is new roters, that is whats causing your steering wheel to shake when you start to brake

Old 10-22-2005, 11:43 PM

Tire problems are the most common issues with road noise. Meggzi07, Try go driving a brand new 3 and compare noise level with your car. If you do notice a considerable difference then have the dealer inspect the tires for abnormal wear patterns such as 'cupping'. Could have an alignment problem that is causing abnormal wear on your tires. A rotate and balance would not be a bad idea either.
Sirheadly. If your steering wheel shakes when braking at freeway speeds then you have some warped front brake rotors. The dealer should be able to resurface them. Brake warranty is usually only for 12 mo or 12,000 miles but that should not include the rotors, Only the brake pads themselves as they are 'wear items'.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Thanks for everyone's help

But here is some more background on my problem.... last time i went to the dealership- car was checked out , brake wise, brakes are fine rotors are good, have about 75% left of my brake pads.... i got my car with about 14k miles on it and it now has about 23k. And i havent had a tire rotation like i was advised to back when my car was last at the dealership (plan on getting that done this weekend, along with the oil change).... so the rotation is taken care of...

um no shaking really, just alot bumpier than it was before and also alot of tire-road noise it that makes sense, like i can almost hear all noises from my tires as they are rolling on the pavement.
Tires aren't cupped or wearing... i have plenty of tread left.. so wouldnt this sound more like a tire-rotation thing?

Let me know, if anyone! Thanks!

[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 10-24-2005, 09:57 PM

you got stock tires on it?

Old 10-25-2005, 12:43 PM

Yes... well they are Toyo's... they came on the car when I got it...