Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Replacing Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by virgin1
Agreed. on both counts. Except when I installed the HID conversion kit. Then I removed the bumper cover and the headlights. PITA!!

'Gotta' tell you guys, we just bought a Pontiac/Toyota Vibe for my wife recently, and between that and the 1st gen Saturn SL-1 she had before this car, the Masda is a PITA to work on. I actually ENJOY working on the Vibe.

It took me three hours and a week of reading instructions before to install the hood gas strut kit on the Mazda. It took me 10 minutes IN THE DARK to install the one on the Vibe.

I had to pull the bumper to add/install the new horn on the Mazda. It took me (you guessed it) TEN MINUTES to replace the weak factory horn on the Vibe.
What's wrong with this picture???

You bought a Vibe!!! haha

Old 01-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07
You mean you have to pull the bumper for the horn? Wow...

Its just easier on the hands and eyes that way.

Originally Posted by vlstellato
You bought a Vibe!!! haha
Yes. Its not easy picking out a car my wife will like, so far....?
Besides, I like it too. The reliability of a Toyota with the suspension tuning of a Pontiac (much better than the Matrix' handling.) W/the 5-speed (which admittedly the clutch takes some getting used to,) its quite the fun little/medium sized car!! Snappy, willing to rev 4-cyl plus 30+ mpg!! And so far at least, its SOOO much easier to work on than the Mazda is.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by virgin1

Its just easier on the hands and eyes that way.

Yes. Its not easy picking out a car my wife will like, so far....?
Besides, I like it too. The reliability of a Toyota with the suspension tuning of a Pontiac (much better than the Matrix' handling.) W/the 5-speed (which admittedly the clutch takes some getting used to,) its quite the fun little/medium sized car!! Snappy, willing to rev 4-cyl plus 30+ mpg!! And so far at least, its SOOO much easier to work on than the Mazda is.

I agree with you on that!!My wife drives a Mitsubishi Endeavor. I personally didn't like it a first but I got use to it. Then came time to put plugs in it, I wanted to trade it in because of that. Not only is it a PITA because it's a transverse 6 cylinder but the F**KIN intake covers the 3 back plugs.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:17 PM

I had to change my bulbs about a month ago... Went in from the top on my 2005 M3 Hatch... Little bit of a pain but it took about 30 mins to do both...