Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Default Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers

I have just purchased a 2004 Mazda 3 sport GS 22,000 km in beautiful shape and don't seem to have the box on my windshield inback of rear view mirror as other Mazda 3's have so that the intermittent wipers can work on various speeds. I have the sales brochure for 2004 Mazda 3 and it shows as thiis feature being standard. Is it possible that it did not come with the car? Can it be that someone stole the box from the first owner? (he has left my city so I can't ask him this question). Can I just buy this box and add it to the car? I only have the 2 options working and they are option 1 slow and option 2 fast. I really hate that I can't slow it down as all the other cars I've ever had. ANy info would be great.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers

Where are you located? In the US auto wipers weren't availabel until 2005 when the sp23 came out. Prior to that you just had three settings: INT, slow, fast. Is there an AUTO setting on your wiper stalk?

Old 03-18-2008, 04:51 PM

I'm in Montreal and I just found out that I don't seem to have the original windshield. I called the dealer and they said the windshield has to have a mazda label on the windshield or else its not the original windshield. I do have the auto button and int button and I don't really care about the rain sensor, what I realy want is the int mode to work and as per dealer on the phone I have to have the mazda windshield and sensor for the int mode to work. I don't undersatnd what the sensor has to do withthe intermittent speeds????? I thought maybe that its a malfunctioning wiper stalk. By the way the canadian 2004 Mazda 3 sport gs has the same body as the mazdaspeed model (hatchback)

Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Lev

Theauto setting is theintermittent setting. You can only put the wipers on auto, slow, or fast and the dial on the stalk changes the sensitivity of the auto. Without the sensor, the auto wiperscan not detect the rain drops, and if your auto doesnot work, your int. will not work. The sensor is also used for the automatic headlights, and without the sensor yor lights will not come on in the auto setting.