Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Sensing Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Question Rain Sensing Wipers

Do any of you have the following issue:

RSW device is way too sensitive. It seems to kick in appropriately when a light rain starts, but the second and all subsequent movement occurs with very little rain on the windshield and certainly significantly less than you would turn on your wipers for.

This results in effectively wiping a dry windshield which is not only annoying but will eventually will leave permanent streaks. Since there is no other interim feature, I have to operate the wipers by hand in a light rain.

Obviously, I have the setting at its lowest. I told the dealer this when I brought the car back 4 days after delivery and they had no reaction other than a shrug. (They didn't fix the backup sensors that stop beeping about 10 yards away from obtisicles either). I have given up dealing with the horrible dealer I made the mistake of buying my car from (advice: stay away from New Rochelle (NY) Mazda)

So the question is, can the sensitivity be adjusted? If not, I have a big problem for years to come.

All in all, great car to drive but too many weird issues that no one cares to address and a dealer experience that is unconscionable. Fixing the above issue would make me feel much better about this purchase so any advice would be appreciated.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

More Toys, Electronics = More Problems

Rain sensing wipers are totally useless. Waste of money!

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 05-13-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
More Toys, Electronics = More Problems

Rain sensing wipers are totally useless. Waste of money!

Agree with you on more toys, more problems, but if you want x in your package, you often get stuck with y, especially with these relatively inexpensive cars

On the other hand, in a light on and off spritz in lighter traffic, RSW is quite handy. Had it on my last car and I found the convenience very useful. The bigger issue for me was that once you replace the windshield, they never work quite right again