Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Programming HomeLink

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Default Programming HomeLink

Hey all!

I just bought an '05 3 this week, and I absolutely love it! I've enjoyed looking around at this forum and reading about others who have caught the Zoom-zoom fever

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is the HomeLink. I've found written instructions and videos and tried everything to no avail. When I press the first and last HomeLink buttons, the red indicator doesn't light as it is supposed to. I've tried pressing each combination of the three HomeLink buttons (and even the compass and autodim buttons), but haven't had any luck. Also, I do have a rolling code garage door opener.

Any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Default No guarantee but..

In my new '10, that first step with the two outer buttons didn't work for me either. I think it resets or clears the memory. Eventually, I skipped it and just moved on to pushing both the door transmitter & home link buttons at the same time.

Now, I assumed that my dealer already did that clearing out step for me, and since you just got an '05 it likely was used instead, and probably needs clearing. But you may want to just skip the clear & try the programming anyway. Also, I've got a rolling code door and I had to push a 'learn' button on my opener (the part on the ceiling). Hopefully you have your garage door opener manual that will tell you what to do on that side.