Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Power lock question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Default Power lock question

Hi
I just got my new Mazda3i this weekend and am loving it so far. For the money, it is the nicest, most fun car I've driven (not that I need to tell you all that). Anyway, I got the base model with manual locks and windows. The crank windows don't bother me but I'm used to having keyless entry and I think I will have a hard time adjusting back to manual locks (and I'm lazy). My understanding is that the locks are cable actuators (as opposed to rods) and my question is do any of you know of a kit that can convert them to power locks? I can find rod actuator kits online on ebay and other places but I haven't seen any for cables (or I just don't know what I'm looking for). I plan on visiting my local car electronics installer soon to see what they have but if I can find a kit online cheaper, I'd like to do that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 07-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Power lock question

The Mazda 3 does indeed have cable actuated locks vs. the rod locks used on many other cars. It is possible to add power locks to the Mz3 (even though some people will tell you you can't with cable locks ).

This
is most likely what you're looking for.

A member from mazda3forums installed that kit in November and had it working fine. See here

Also I'm assuming that since you got the base model you don't have cruise control either, right? If you're interested in adding that too then look here. You only need two parts, and they can be had relatively inexpensively.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Default RE: Power lock question

Awesome- thanks!