Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Passenger side mirror loose

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 07:18 AM
Default Passenger side mirror loose

Hello,

I just bought a 2015 Mazda 3 and accidentally bumped the mirror when I was backing out of my garage. The housing for for the mirror is now no longer connected, but the wiring is fine.

Do you know if there's any way to pop the mirror back on or do I have to take it in to repair it?

Thank you!

Old 01-18-2015, 07:11 PM

I don't know, but sometimes dealers are nice and fix stuff like that for buyers of new vehicles (if it's a simple repair).

Old 01-18-2015, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

It sort of depends where it's broken. If the 3rd gen is anything like the first gen it's in four or five basic parts. The piece which physically bolts onto the door, the main housing which holds the mirror assembly and which pivots on the first piece to fold against the door, the mirror assembly (glass/motor), and the painted cover.

If the housing is broken, but where it connects to the car is fine you could probably kludge it. If the part against the car is broken or the door itself is damaged you could easily be looking at a full replacement.

I don't know what parts costs would be as no aftermarket replacements are available for the '15 MY yet. Replacement housings for the 1st gen went for about $100/side for the heated ones. If your mirror has integrated turn signals or other fancy features then it could easily be way more than that.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:46 AM

My daughter's car is having a similar issue. Her passenger side mirror housing is not connected to the base. It seems like it should easily just pop right back into place but I don't want to use any force without knowing what I am doing. I have tried searching videos online to find out exactly how it is put together. Has anyone fixed this issue without having to take it to the dealership?

Old 07-23-2020, 12:09 AM
Default Mirror issue

did you find anything out about this? My wiring is still in place and works, mirror in tact, just off the base. So hate to buy a new one, seems like a waste. And seems like it should fit back on just afraid to force it.

Originally Posted by Christina Daniel
My daughter's car is having a similar issue. Her passenger side mirror housing is not connected to the base. It seems like it should easily just pop right back into place but I don't want to use any force without knowing what I am doing. I have tried searching videos online to find out exactly how it is put together. Has anyone fixed this issue without having to take it to the dealership?

Old 07-23-2020, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Zero chance of reattaching I'm sorry. Ring the wreckers for a 2nd hand mirror unit.

Old 10-05-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Christina Daniel
Ever found a solution to this or what part needs to be replaced? Some thing happened on my daughter's 2018 Mazda 3. Looks like a trip to the automatic car wash broke the spring or something internally. Everything looks fine, but the mirror assembly just does not lock into place.