Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

One Hatchback Imperfection

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Default RE: One Hatchback Imperfection

lol i aint that rich.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Nice try.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:45 PM

heyyyyy cmon i tried. i was just kidding anyhow. i just want to pay off my car and be done with it. buttttttttttt yea.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:54 PM

Jamie, is that A plane parked in your driveway ? Is that legal ?

I WASH MY CAR = RAIN 20 MINUTES LATER GUARANTEED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS THAT DIRTY WATER MAKIN MY CAR LOOK LIKE I HAVE NOT GIVEN HER A BATH IN FOREVER RAIN.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

No. He works at an airfield that specialized in trainingnew pilots... small craft pilot, I'm sure.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:23 PM

thanks virgin. he is right i work at an airport. we have cessna 150 and 152's and 172s. that is a 172S C-GQRA. actually whats cool is we teach people how to fly and that basically ya know the jumbo jet pilots, they would have to start up at an airport like mine. in fact there are a bunch of people who learned through us who are now flying jumbo jets. its just how its done. we teach them their private, commercial MULTI IFR and instructor's rating. really quite a cool process.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA
The hatchback may have more cargo space than a sedan, but it has NO trunk space because it has NO trunk.

If you keep the cargo tray in place (I didn't but I'm not normal, ) you have a trunk of sorts. Dark tint helps hide things too. W/5% on my backlight and sides you can't see anything in there.

One flaw I see in calculations of cargo space for a hatchback is they measure all the way up to the roof ... itis unsafe to load cargo completely up to the roof ... it blocks your vision ... and in the case of a sudden stop, anything heavy can become a projectilemoving toward the front of the vehicle. I've seen people load furnituresuch as a coffeetable or set of drawersin the back, and then have it slide backwards and shatter their rear window (back light?).

No different than a cargo van or even apick up truck. Besides the headrests come up pretty high, and the side mirros work well. My wife and I drove to Pa a few years ago in mine w/the back completely full and it was no worse than a van I once owned than had no side/back lights.
Besides, just how often would somebody do that?

I am familiar with the tray - the space you have under the tray is much less than a trunk. Nothing hides things like a good ol'trunk lid.

I'm sure all station wagon marketers measure the cargo space the same way.My take isif your comparing the sedan to the station wagon, to say the station wagon has 50% more cargo volume seems like a misrepresentation. In the case of your station wagon, the extra6 cubic feet are at the ceiling at the back of the vehicle ... not exactly prime usable space.

Re:comments about the bumper notch, I am glad the notch is there versus previous years. But, a more elegant solution would have been to have implemented a trunk release button on the remote, and to have tweaked the mechanics of the lidrelease so thatitpopped up a couple inches when you pressed the button. To have done BOTH would have been the cat's meow.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:46 AM

I am familiar with the tray - the space you have under the tray is much less than a trunk. Nothing hides things like a good ol'trunk lid.

I'm sure all station wagon marketers measure the cargo space the same way.My take isif your comparing the sedan to the station wagon, to say the station wagon has 50% more cargo volume seems like a misrepresentation. In the case of your station wagon, the extra6 cubic feet are at the ceiling at the back of the vehicle ... not exactly prime usable space.

Re:comments about the bumper notch, I am glad the notch is there versus previous years. But, a more elegant solution would have been to have implemented a trunk release button on the remote, and to have tweaked the mechanics of the lidrelease so thatitpopped up a couple inches when you pressed the button. To have done BOTH would have been the cat's meow.
yea, i wondered why such a simple thing wasn't included into the car's features. does the sedan have a trunk release button from the driver's seat, or it just like the hatchback (if you unlock the doors, the trunk is free to open)?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

yea, i wondered why such a simple thing wasn't included into the car's features. does the sedan have a trunk release button from the driver's seat, or it just like the hatchback (if you unlock the doors, the trunk is free to open)?
On the sedan, the trunk remains locked unless you specifically unlock it. The locking/unlocking is completely separate from the doors. There is a small lever on the floor near the driver's seat that you can pull tounlock the trunk (though the trunk does not pop up when you pull the lever - it is simply unlocked), or you have to manually use your key.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:23 PM

that is one of the things that annoy me. before i had my mazda3 i drove an EL and 2 MDX's. and let me tell you. i bought my mazda3. and everytime i keep thinking i have a thing to pop my trunk. but i set off my panic button off instead. although the civics and the corollas do not have this feature either so its not that big of a deal. but it would just be nice to have.. oh well you get what you pay for lol

Quick Reply: One Hatchback Imperfection