Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   One Hatchback Imperfection (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/one-hatchback-imperfection-11349/)

SPeeDy3 11-08-2007 09:58 PM

One Hatchback Imperfection

the rear windshield wiper fluid flows alllll the dirt down the hatchback and onto the back bumper.. its nasty. i hate it!!! when i drove and i clean my back windshield i think "OK my windshield is clean!" and im joyful. then i look at the trunk hatch and my bumper and it got allll the gunk from the windshield!!!!

icspots 11-09-2007 05:40 AM

RE: One Hatchback Imperfection

Well where do you expect it to go? Stuff from the windshield invariably ends up on the roof and doors too.

SPeeDy3 11-09-2007 10:06 AM

dammit spots, you just made me feel worse! well now to think of a good solution.. dry towel good enough.. right? nething better?

virgin1 11-09-2007 02:09 PM

Point of interest... or contention: The rear window, or back (rear) windshield as it's also sometimes mistakenly called, is known in automotive terms asthe back light.

icspots 11-09-2007 03:08 PM

Shun the non-believer. Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

virgin1 11-09-2007 03:32 PM

'U tawkin' t' ME? R U tawkin' t' ME??

SPeeDy3 11-09-2007 03:37 PM

lmao.. bunch o' jokers here! well the BACK LIGHT as it is technically called, has a crappy design to it in regards to dirt washing down. plus the bumper on the hatchback is like a picnic seat!!! u kno those green seats u find in the park?? yea one of those! the dirt and the liquid doesnt slide offthe bumper. instead it chills at the groove where the trunk lift is. makes my car look like it just had a wet fart...

virgin1 11-09-2007 05:23 PM

Well, the biggest problem with the BACK LIGHT, as it is technically called, is the space around the glass on the hatch that holdsany moisture in the channel.
And yes, SPeeDy, I agree that the rear bumper is especially poorly designed keeping the rear washer fluid/rain/moisture/dirt/whatever in mind. My '04 has had that same annoyance since day one.
BUT don't answer yet!! Keep in mind that the "hooded" mirrors do the same DAMNED thing after a wash. That the body of this car has so many grooves and spaces in it that it takes an hour to do a truly good wash/dry job on it.

jaimie08mazda3 11-09-2007 07:41 PM

MWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA. i will never have this problem. so i can laugh at you and its okay because i made my choice. plus i have more trunk space. but to the dirt thing that sucks. a truck i was behind had dirt in it and this nice chunk of mud came out of it and hit my windshied... now it ran down the side of my car when my wipers moved them out... so i was like DAMMIT. good news is my autoshop teacher let me clean my car sooo NO MORE:D:D.

SPeeDy3 11-10-2007 09:25 AM

doesnt the hatchback have more trunk space than the sedan?