Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

new 2019 Mazda 3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 06:53 AM
Default new 2019 Mazda 3 owner

Hello,
I have a new 2019 Mazda 3 GS. I have had it for one week now and thought I would pass on what is happening so far.

So far I only have one issue......Intermittently, the airbag warning notice/icon has been going off. I shut the car off and it clears, only to come back on and stay on till I shut it off again. Took to dealership and they cleared it but has come back on. They told me they should know in the next 48 hours when Mazda Japan looks into it.

If you haven't been inside, the interior is very nice. Totally different from 2015. Seating is different too. The seat is positioned so that hips and back are aligned to minimize fatigue. I commute 35 minutes on the highway and honestly don't feel any different.....I'm still tired after a 12 hour night shift.....LOL.
I'll update as to what is going on with the airbag sensor.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:22 AM
Angry Same airbag sensor issue

Thanks for posting - saw this yesterday and got the airbag sensor warning on my way into work today. It hurt a little less knowing this might be a problem Mazda is already aware of, but this is my first Mazda and I previously avoided them because of reliability concerns, so getting a warning like this with <200 miles on the odometer does not inspire confidence. Did they mention whether the airbag system was deactivated when this light was on? The manual says "may" but I would hope they wouldn't let you leave with that kind of malfunction in a brand new car.

Last edited by bucs; 03-26-2019 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added question
Old 03-27-2019, 09:16 PM

I brought my 10 Mazda 3 to my dealer last saturday and they scanned the computer to figure out what is going on with my airbag malfunction.
Mazda Techs have taken my car off the road due to possibility of going off without a collision. Mazda corporate issued me a rental for the time being.
So far, no news on what is happening. Ill post something when I get info.
Supposedly, this is a one off issue....

Old 03-28-2019, 12:52 AM
Default Good one!

Wow! best of luck with your new adventure. That's great to know that it has a great interior and is very comfortable but the problem you are facing about airbags is a bit tricky and need to be sort out. My father has this new Mazda MX- 5 and he is not facing any problem of airbags or interior. He is enjoying smooth ride for last 2 months on it. What's wrong in your case, please update here time by time.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:59 AM

My friend just leased this awesome car from DSRleasing and he has not faced such kind of warning message issue. Hope your problem will solve soon.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:55 AM

I don't know why you are facing such type of problem. I leased Mazda but I didn't feel any problem.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:54 PM

So I got my Maxda 3 back from the dealer, after 2 weeks with a rental they provided me.
It seems a sensor module was defective and replaced.
Been driving now for a week and so far, so good. No airbag sensor going off to cause me concerns.
Just hopeful that is the extent of any further issues.
Car drives like a champ.