Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

We got our new 2019 GTR Reserve Car Friday and lost the Key Fob on Saturday.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Default We got our new 2019 GTR Reserve Car Friday and lost the Key Fob on Saturday.

Hey Guys

I am new to the forum.

We bought a CX5 GT Reserve Friday and we took a trip into NYC to see the tree and see the Illusionists (Which was amazing BTW) fun stuff Saturday only to find when we got back to the car we lost the Key. We had to leave car in NYC and get a Uber home and we went back today to pick it up with the second key.

So we want to get a replacement key which I fear the Dealer will charge me a fortune for. Is there a trusted place to buy a new Key fob that will work with the 2019 GTR that you guys know of ? I do understand there is a pull out cut that will have to be cut to match the other key so we could use the key manually to open the door if need be.

Can you marry a new FOB to the car without an OBD computer or dealer interface ?

How do you know which FOB has the proximity module for the key less walk away feature that locks the car automatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW , The car is freaking awesome - I will be posting more about this new Engine and how it feels.

Thanks
Craig

Old 12-24-2018, 09:01 PM

Let's hear about that new engine. The stupid press launch was in a foot of snow in Canada providing no real information on real performance of the new turbo version. Dumb in their part.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by montanaman
Let's hear about that new engine. The stupid press launch was in a foot of snow in Canada providing no real information on real performance of the new turbo version. Dumb in their part.
I would say smart on their part. They are not making a sports car. It is a CUV. The location turned out perfect and highlighted how capable the car is.

There are people who are going to judge the car based solely on a 0-60 number and you can almost guarantee that they will be disappointed. It is worse than judging a book by its cover.