Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

MY NEW MAZDA & ITS AUDIO SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 PM
LPG
Default MY NEW MAZDA & ITS AUDIO SYSTEM

hey guys....
thanks for your feedback regarding the spoiler situation
i think the mazda i went to is going to stick to their word and install the spoiler..... (keep ur fingers crossed)

I wanted to ask your opinion.
I have a mazda 3 Touring which came with a single cd stereo system.. which to me doesnt sound to phenomonal.
So i was wondering if its worth it to upgrade to the bose system?
Do any of you have it? and do u think it sounds AMAZING????
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

And to those people who have replaced their stereo system with something totally different and found that its amazing and rocks out your car
i would love to hear what you did with your systems also.....

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Default RE: MY NEW MAZDA & ITS AUDIO SYSTEM

I have the 6 cd Bose system, and I think it is great.
It came with the car so I can't offer you any help about upgrading to the 6 cd system other than , if you can afford it, do it.
I have the single cd system in my Dakota, and I hate it.
It is a real pita .
Bob.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:43 PM

i have a single cd in my mazda3 but it doesnt bother me. i truthfully get pissed off at the 6 cd changers cuz you spend a while trying to find your cd. plus i always wondered how those work. as for me i put 4 10" subwoofers (2 Vegas and 2 Clarions) running off a 1200 W american legacy amp. all of this wiring off the stock deck. it takes time to do but it works well. well in my opinon anyhow.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:04 AM

After playing around with the bass and treble, I thought the single CD in the 08 sounded pretty good, now mind you it is the 6 speaker single CD and I probably will upgrade to a different speaker in the doors, but that is it for me.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Same here, only a 2004 system.Not great, but not bad enough for me to want to spend the money.
The speakers need upgrading for sure. What OE doesn"t need better speakers?
At one time I was actively looking for a 6-disk, but with all the problems cropping up with them, I"m glad now that it didn"t happen.
To answer the OP"s question though, I think it can be done but at great expense and trouble. Is it worth it?
You might simply go to an AM HU and speakers. Or like Jaimie, just install some subs... not 4 of them though.

icspots will find this thread at some point and have a few suggestions for you,I"m sure. He is up on all this stuff and our resident electronics expert.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Same here, only a 2004 system.Not great, but not bad enough for me to want to spend the money.
The speakers need upgrading for sure. What OE doesn"t need better speakers?
At one time I was actively looking for a 6-disk, but with all the problems cropping up with them, I"m glad now that it didn"t happen.
To answer the OP"s question though, I think it can be done but at great expense and trouble. Is it worth it?
You might simply go to an AM HU and speakers. Or like Jaimie, just install some subs... not 4 of them though.

icspots will find this thread at some point and have a few suggestions for you,I"m sure. He is up on all this stuff and our resident electronics expert.
heyyy its not that loud[:-]. plus installing a new AM head unit is stupid and confusing. plus you lose your temperature gauge and trip computer. but if you are interested in installing subs with the stock deck let me know. ive done it enough times to know what im doin

Old 11-28-2008, 06:58 PM
fm

I have the 6cd bose system in my 2008 3 and it is far from amazing. I can't really tell any differnce from the standard stsem in the cheaper model. It came as a option package along with the moonroof or something. I'm glad i didnt pay for it separately or i would be mad.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

You know that there is a difference between the std system w/a 6-CD changer (offered as part of the moonroof package) and the Bose system (including a changer) which is standard onlyto the GT trim level and not optional on any lesser trim, don"t you?
It sounds to me like you have a Sport or Touringmodel w/the optional moonroof/non-Bose 6-CD changer, in which case the only difference is that it has a changer, not the changer.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:12 PM

you can get a bose system in a GX. wanna know how. buy a bunch of speakers from the brick that say bose and hook them up to the rear speakers. and like that you got a bose sound system. sorry a little humour in that

Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 PM

If you have the aux input, I would just get yourself a MP3 player and put most of your music on it. I havean MP3 player, plus my phone has the capability to play MP3's and I hardly use the cd player at all. I'm looking forward to see if the bluetooth wireless in the 2010 M3 with be capable with music.