Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

My 3's Brakes are Acting UP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Default My 3's Brakes are Acting UP!!!!

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has had this problem. Ok awhile back I got a rock got in my disc brakes which caused very very freekin loud high pitch noise coming from my brakes. I took the rocks out but my brakes are still screeching in reverse mostly and sometimes in drive! Im going to take the car in for some warranty work but just curious if anyone else has had this mishap. Thx guys.

Jeff

Old 01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Default RE: My 3's Brakes are Acting UP!!!!

anyone?

Old 01-02-2008, 12:43 PM

Are your rotors scored? How about the pads...did they get damaged? How did you get the rocks out? Did you remove the caliper? You may still have something lodged between the pad/rotor.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 AM

which brakes are making the noise (front/rear)? when do the brakes make the noise (cold/warm)? are your brakes aftermarket? if so, are the shims mounted the the back of the pads. are the brakes being held in place properly by the calipers?..(check the back of the pads for worn paint...if present, it means your brakes are slightly moving around in the caliper which will create squeal).

mz3 brakes are known to squeal a bit when cold. there was a recall on the brakes for noise that you may get fixed under warranty.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Lev

What year is the car?I have an 05 2.3 and whenever i brake while reversing,and the brakes are cold or damp, they screech. This was a defect for, i believe, 04-05 models. They also screech if i am going forward too, but then the sound goes away after the brakes have warmed up, or dried off. I asked the dealer how to fix this?They told me to replace the rotors, which would cost a pretty penny, so i just press the brakes lighly when i'm coasting until they've warmed up, so it doesn't make that noise. Hope this has helped, and be careful when the dealer TRIES to fix your car. They tend to screw up, and youmight wind up taking multiple trips. I went to get my rear brakes changed, and i wound upgoing back5 times because of a rattling that occured after the new brakes were installed.They couldn't figure itout until i drove one of the mechanics. They said it was a rock, but the rattling would stop everytime i pressed the brake, so i bet they just left something loose and they didn't want to tell me they messed up because they're thicked headed ********.Mazda is a great car, but the service department is the biggest rip-off there is. Be careful and good luck