Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

MazdaSpeed accessory Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Default MazdaSpeed accessory Warranty Question

Just purchased the MazdaSpeed CAI and had it delivered. I currently have the extended warranty on my Speed 3. Will having the intake installed, either by myself or at a shop which isn't mazda, void the extended warranty? Mazda wants $150 and the local tuner shop will do it for $70.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: MazdaSpeed accessory Warranty Question

As long as it's installed properly then any certified shop should be able to install it without a problem. Now if the person installing it rips the MAF sensor/wires out of the harness then that's obviously a person that shouldn't have been installing it. The mazdaspeed accessories won't void your factory warranty, and I believe come with a 12 month limited warranty.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:50 PM

they mazdaspeed accessory parts, depending on which part you get, will either have:
12 month warranty, (CAI, appearance mods, etc)
no warranty at all (light wieght flywheel for example)
and then somewhere in between i think....

Old 04-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

[/align]I did not see the MS3 CAI listed, but the N/A 3 CAI is under their "green" warranty. I would assume the same applies to the MS3.

MAZDASPEED Performance Parts Warranty Information
Blue Warranty
MAZDASPEED "Blue" Performance Accessories must be installed by a MAZDASPEED Dealer on a US specification vehicle and be specifically approved by Mazda for the particular application. These parts are covered under the Mazda Replacement Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty and are warranted for the first 12 months/12,000 miles from the date of installation or the duration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, whichever is longer. Should the parts be purchased but not installed by a MAZDASPEED Dealer, they will be covered for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor charges. Parts or accessories replaced/installed under warranty, are covered for the time remaining in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Green Warranty
MAZDASPEED "Green" Performance Accessories must be specifically approved by Mazda for their particular application. These parts are warranted for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor.

Orange Warranty
MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories are sold "as is" without any warranty of any kind. All implied warranties, including all warranties of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. Purchaser acknowledges that no representations have been made regarding these parts, including but not limited to any representations as to their quality of performance, and purchaser shall be responsible for and bear all costs of repair of replacement due to any defect in or failure of these parts or any damage to other components. Purchaser acknowledges that vehicles equipped with MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories shall not be operated on public highways. MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories are intended solely for the use on vehicles participating in race/off-road competition events. Purchaser acknowledges that all Mazda vehicle/parts/accessory warranties are voided if the vehicle is used in a competitive event. Purchaser also acknowledges that there will be no warranty coverage for any part or accessory that fails as a result of the installation of a MAZDASPEED "Orange" performance part. Purchaser accepts all responsibility for all vehicle modifications and all potential risks. MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories have been designed and are intended for race/offroad applications only. Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification of, or rendering inoperative any part or vehicle system affecting emissions or safety.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:52 PM

yeah, the mazdaspeed CAI is under the 2006 section on their website... or watever....

Old 04-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

More like, whaever. I can't find that thing listed anywhere on the MzUSA site.