Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

May I ask for your opinion about some accessory?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Sed
Default May I ask for your opinion about some accessory?

Hello members. May I introduce me a little to you before asking.
I am a German and I still live in Germany.
As the amount of CX-9 does not exceed 200 pcs in my country I intend to try to sell some accessory for this car in USA. This vehicle has never been intended to be sold in Germany (is this a correct sentence?).
Please visit the web address below to find the photos in the american ebay.
Please let me know your true opinion about this kind of accessory.
Thank you in advance.
(If I took the wrong column please change it)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...CA:MOTORS:1123

Also the name "Body Kit" is wrong I think. Is there a better key word?

Old 02-14-2011, 03:16 PM

To be honest with you the price seems to be a bit high. Also it says bumper protectors. From looking at the pictures the bumpers don't seem to have any protection at all. Others here might chime in and others here might like it. But for the price it is very steep. Most body kits here are less than that.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Sed

Thank you for your answer.
Is "Body Kit" the correct denotation indeed?
When I think Body Kit I think of large formations of plastics as it can be seen in the film Fast and Furious. Do yo know similar accessories like those shown in the advertisment? Where can I find them?

In Europe this kind of accessory is very successful, but you think there is no demand in USA?
There are also cheap products from China but these have bad quality.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trim pieces, or bright trim would be more accurate I think as these are dress-up items. For appearance only. They seem to add nothing to the aerodynamics or performance of the vehicle.
And I agree w/tino too. Nearly $1600 USD even shipped is a lot... too much I would say.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Sed

I think you are right but I am afraid this column does not exist in ebay. But I will try. Your key words are much better for this kind of accessory.

Also the price must be revised I think. But 2 years ago these articles costed more than 2,000.- $. The mentioned price was net cost price. It seems as I have to sell them at a loss. F...
2009 the economic crises appeared and the manufacturer still has a lot of parts the whole sale dealer ordered but could not pay. And I also got some pieces. Today Germany forbids front accessory for cars.

This ebay advert should be a test if these accessories could be competitive in Central America. Maybe with a lower price.
I cannot change shipping charge but I can reduce the price of the item. Maybe 750.- $ How do you think about? If I could find a wholesale dealer taking a larger amount shipping costs reduce drastically.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:41 AM
Sed

Hello again, in the course of the last week I received some offers between 200 and 400 $ but as I am a bad business man I didn not accept.
I reduced the price again and so I hope to sell at least 1 item.
It seems to be a hard market in US.
Pitiable American manufacturers!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:57 PM

If you were to only sell the grill pieces the top and the bottom, maybe you would have some interest. The problem will be can you stay competitive with the price? they have some nice grill inserts for 280 us dollars with shipping included. If you are taking a loss then you really made a bad investment. Before going into any business venture you should first survey the interest for the product before purchasing it to sell.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Sed

280,- USD only for the 3 grills should be ok. The problem is the shipping charge. If I could find a dealer taking more items or a larger amount of interested buyers I could sell for a rather good price and shipping charge could be much lower. Is there a well-known whole sale dealer, purchasing SUV-articles?
Does anybody know?