Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2023, 09:45 PM
Default Stant

wont take plastic off - my better half finds it amusing

The Rohidium White w / parchment int was the last 23 in my state -( Mazda hits the sticker + 595 for it- if you can believe that ! ) highest demand combo 4 the heat -

Yeah buddy - I appreciate that tip , Like seeing pics and descriptions of your service travails - you have a garage environment which is more akin to human surgery - impressive , Im no longer allowing any dealer/ shop to put thier hands on my vehicles for the normal things which require the lift I dont have ...so there will be no lost sleep or $$ for basic tire rotations with randomly torqued bolts and other follies which are a result of intentional carelessness.
I will require a compressor as well - but have held off as we rent and moving large , awkward heavy equipment does not appeal to me - so we shall see - To bad we dont live closer !

My 2010 3/2.5 gt was continually garaged for over a decade in 50-65 degree temps and now we have 2 Mazdas and one garage- The 3 was relegated to being outside , yet still covered. The climate is hot & dry so bushings etc are feeling it - Ive done everthing service wise - all fluids obsessively ( to us normally )- coolant 3x in 150k , oil , brake fluud , flushed the PS fluid about 125k etc- My TCM went at 110- so I did that as its plug & play under the battery - , just out new berings/hubs ( they are pressed together ) on both rear - pretty basic - so shes good - that gas cap is now getting replaced and then im tackling the most dreaded job known to happy shade tree mechanics everywhere ..replacing the weatherstripping on the sunroof .yikes -

Wife loves the new CX5 - im happy driving old bessy , Keep sending pics etc - really enjoy seeing your work - Its of supreme value and I very much appreciate that you are not selfish with your knowledge !

Old 08-01-2023, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I replaced my gas cap today being close enough to the 50k mark in miles. At the shop we replace at least a gas cap a week and something many more because of the gas cap just being worn out and not sealing which can cause the least effect of an engine check light to actually cause engine running poorly. I do as a matter of routine replace the rubber O-ring but as you can see in the picture the plastic has discolored so it was time to toss the OEM Mazda and replace it with a better quality STANT.

Cap to be replaced on my 3 - Stant it is !!!

Old 08-02-2023, 06:32 AM

it was time to toss the OEM Mazda and replace it with a better quality STANT.
What makes Stant better quality than OE?

Old 08-02-2023, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by IamFODI
What makes Stant better quality than OE?
Good question but
I really dont as a rule and as per my first post talk about anything technical ​​​​​​​

POST #!
​​​​​​​
I wanted to do a thread for FUN on the the projects I.... ops I meant the wife and I will be doing to the MAZDA. Please keep in mind this is not going to be a technical thread in any way. Some of what we do may to some seem ridicules, in-practical, unreasonable, functionally questionable and down right insane but hey its our MAZDA right? Besides all of us like to do things the way we want anyway.

Also a WARNING do not attempt to copy what we do to our MAZDA unless you truly believe I know what I am doing and can duplicate the project in every detail. And I have been told so often in my life that I don't know what I am doing so maybe better just look at my pictures and have a good laugh on me with my fun with my MAZDA. :laughin
so let me just say this,
I have been on and off as a Distributor of STANT product, wholesaler and retailer for over 40 years. One of my own products was a base part from them modified and I sold hundreds of them and not one failed or was returned as a warranty. Most every claimed warranty from customers using a STANT product were replaced with no questions ask even when we knew that they were miss-installed or damaged by the customer. The plastic is more durable than most OE gas caps and the seal is much better than most OEM gas caps that will also give you a good solid ratcheting sound when they are properly installed after you are completed fueling.
Should you want to know more please start a thread about gas caps or STANT in general and I would be more then happy to respond in more technical details and experience.

Old 08-02-2023, 02:24 PM

I have been on and off as a Distributor of STANT product, wholesaler and retailer for over 40 years. One of my own products was a base part from them modified and I sold hundreds of them and not one failed or was returned as a warranty. Most every claimed warranty from customers using a STANT product were replaced with no questions ask even when we knew that they were miss-installed or damaged by the customer. The plastic is more durable than most OE gas caps and the seal is much better than most OEM gas caps that will also give you a good solid ratcheting sound when they are properly installed after you are completed fueling.
Should you want to know more please start a thread about gas caps or STANT in general and I would be more then happy to respond in more technical details and experience.
Got it. Thanks.

Old 08-11-2023, 10:07 AM

Yesterday I spent 5 hours rotavating the tire/wheels (directional tires) from the back and meticulously removing all the small pebbles in the tread and cleaning both sides of the wheels. I also cleaned the complete undercarriage and all the wheel well area's.

Today I am taking the day off from work and also car cleaning. Maybe tomorrow the exterior? lol

Old 08-12-2023, 10:15 AM

These are the places often overlooked when cleaning the outside, but not by me.

Old 08-12-2023, 10:16 AM

Old 08-20-2023, 10:26 AM

Well this defiantly shows that I tend to procrastinate on some projects for a long time. While cleaning the back bedroom behind the small coach was this front spoiler I assembled and painted in 2020 and forgot all about it.
Well I think next week I will finally mount it on the Mazda.... maybe. LOL

See the complete assembly and paint project here.
Notice I even still had the Mazda emblem on the front of my grill waaaaay back then as well. lol
Post # 30 - 32 04-04-2020, 07:39 AM
Mazda3 Things I like to do - Page 3 - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Old 08-22-2023, 03:37 PM

Cabin Filter cleaning:
I use most of the time with few exceptions my K&N Cabin Filter. Today I pulled it out to give it a cleaning. It takes about 20 minutes from pulling it out cleaning and letting it dry and then re0installing it. If I was in a hurry, I would just pull it out and install a boxed Cabin filter and then it is about a 3-minute job. The first thing I spray isopropylalcohol and then rinse with clean low-pressure water. After air drying, I spray a little fresh scent and bacteria killer and re-install back into the HVAC. Turning on the AC full and running through all the vent adjustments to allow the fresh air cleaner to run completely through the system and it done.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do