Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 03:47 PM

I really never liked the coolant recovery tank looking like it did not belong in the engine compartment. So for 15 dollars I purchased a new one with cap.
A relative in the family owned a Custom body shop and he taught me the key to a good paint job is in the prep work followed by careful masking.
I wanted to still be able to see the fluid levels so I only painted the main portions.

After it dries for about a day it is a simple 5 minute installation.

Old 08-22-2020, 04:34 PM

Much better!!!!

Old 08-30-2020, 08:14 PM

At times I will buy from a manufacture products that either I can not duplicate for what I can buy from them or they have a product that is very good needing no to little improvements. Such is the case with CorkSport Performance
CorkSport Performance
https://corksport.com/

I have had a few things on order that were on back order that I will be receiving this up coming week. am looking forward to see the parts and if any final detailing needs to be done prior top installing them?
Rear Camber Arms ( will likely only powder coat them RED)
PCV side Catch Can Kit (will be [size=13px]modifying[/size] this with [size=13px]additional[/size] parts for a custom [size=13px]application)[/size]

Other item on that order should be sent withing another 2-3 weeks.

mazda-3-and-6-oil-catch-can-kit.html

rear-camber-arms-2014-mazda-3-2013-mazda-6.html

Old 08-31-2020, 02:13 PM

UPS delivery today, actually moments ago.
Part 1 of my order from CorkSport.

I will look over the parts and see what I need extra. I am sure it will be another long winded parts project before I actually mount them on the Mazda. LOL

The shipping containers were packed well and protected the contents. Very nice job.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:20 PM

Five thousand mile sure comes up fast? I lifted the Mazda removed all the wheels and completely cleaned the under carriage and all the wheel well area and parts.

Then removed all the little debris from the treads and hand washed the wheels and tires front and rear. Checked and adjust air pressure and reinstalled and torqued the lug nuts.

This was a good time for the new wheel Center Caps.

Old 09-10-2020, 05:27 PM

The Cabin Filter is needing cleaning again

Although where I live there is no fires I still get the results of all the ash that is carried hundreds of miles from the big fires here in California. The interior of my Mazda was starting to smell like ash/smoke even though I have used only re-circulation setting. I just cleaned the cabin filter 5 days and 65 miles ago and look at what it has collected. Well it clean again and the interior is fresh smelling.... again!

At first glance it only looks like a small amount of debris.

I placed a clean white paper and tapped the filter a few times.

This may look like dirt but it is mostly ASH!

Ash it the the worst partials to get into the fresh air system because it is not dust dust but a semi soft paste that will coat everything. The only way to clean this if it gets into the ducts is soap and water and wiping it out. Thank fully I have only been using re-circulation and can easily remove the wiper arm cover to access the intake primary duct to clean it after the smash filled sky has cleared and return to normal around here. o

Old 09-13-2020, 11:13 AM

After washing the Mazda the other day I was going to also wash the engine down. Unfortunately the smoke and ash in the shy was still falling enough that I would not have been able to leave the hood open for the engine to dry out. I did notice that I was getting that really fine brownish dust/dirt accumulating in several area's of the engine compartment. You can see in a couple of the pictures that dust was on intake boot and the seal edge of the air filter. So off came the filter for a cleaning.

I use K&N air filter on just about anything that draws in filtered air. I was really surprised how the first rinsing the water was showing brownish colored water.

Right after I oiled the filter after letting it dry the wife called and said to pick her up. So a good thing I keep spare parts stocked in the garage. LOL I had a universal cheapie intake kit with a small cone filter. The inlet neck was waaaay to small to fit the Mazda's inlet pipe. But a little McGivering with electrical tape made a very temporary seal and mounting of the small air-filter.

After letting the air filter wick out over night a little touch up of missed area of the new oil and I was almost ready to re-install. I wiped the inlet pipe just in case, but as I already knew not even worth mentioning, not a single bit of dirt. Lol. So the air-filter is clean and all back in its place under the MAZDA hood.

Old 09-13-2020, 11:13 AM

Last edited by Callisto; 09-13-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
UPS delivery today, actually moments ago.
Part 1 of my order from CorkSport.

I will look over the parts and see what I need extra. I am sure it will be another long winded parts project before I actually mount them on the Mazda. LOL

The shipping containers were packed well and protected the contents. Very nice job.

I can't leave these beauties black ... LOL
Why RED cause "RACE CAR" lol Well at least I can pretend!

Old 09-15-2020, 11:13 AM

After complete considerations and observed monitoring using my Auto-meter D-Pic gauge based on my driving style,experience level of performance driving and most importantly the suspension,tire, wheel and exact vehicle (wet) weight I have decided the best FRONT sway bar for my MAZDA will be from Racing Beat. So I ordered it this morning.

Sway Bar - Front for 2014-18 Mazda 3 Skyactiv - All - Racing Beat

Last edited by Callisto; 09-15-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do