Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Default RE: Mazda3 Speed

It was in a long term test done by the folks at Car and Driver.com. At 40,000 miles the car was actually faster. Go search for it bro!

Old 10-29-2006, 01:15 PM

hehe. I agree the Rx-8 gets worse mileage though!

Old 10-29-2006, 01:18 PM

So you're comparing the performance of the bottom end Mustang (meant as a nice looking, fun car....not a performance model) vs a top of the line, made for performance Mazdaspeed3?...

Buying a V6 Mustang was the mistake you made. As far as I'm concerned, it's not a Mustang without a V8.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

So you're comparing the performance of the bottom end Mustang (meant as a nice looking, fun car....not a performance model) vs a top of the line, made for performance Mazdaspeed3?...

Buying a V6 Mustang was the mistake you made. As far as I'm concerned, it's not a Mustang without a V8.
No, he's not talking about the Mustang. He used to have a Mazda B series truck. And he's not comparing it to the Mazdaspeed3. He just mentioned modifying it (though I don't see the point in modifying that particular truck...).

Old 10-29-2006, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: mazda guy

I had the 4.0 Liter, V6 Engine rated stock at 207 horses.
You're still not gaining 73hp from those mods...

Old 10-29-2006, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: mazda guy

It was in a long term test done by the folks at Car and Driver.com. At 40,000 miles the car was actually faster. Go search for it bro!
All cars get faster when they're broken in, no secret there. But not to the tune of 1+ seconds 0-60.

Oh, by the way, here's your article "bro"...

http://www.caranddriver.com/longroad...x-8-page4.html

6.6 to 5.9. Not 5.4. You're a half second off. Which, in the car world, is a big difference.

Quoted from the article:
BARRY WINFIELD
"L.A. to Phoenix, all freeway, and this thing is getting only 19 mpg. It's a six-speed, for Pete's sake! So there is a reason no other car company has developed a rotary."
Outstanding technology!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 04:49 PM

I just got a black GT. The car is truly flawless. I drove the BMW 335 turbo and I preferred this car! It will be so easy to get close to 400 wheel out of this thing thanks to custom performance engineering!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:18 PM

I know that much of the automotive industry is based around "performance". Who can outrun who. The most sought after cars in the world are not station wagons and minivans but instead two seater, go fast supercars. So I know even as I type this that what I'm about to say will be lost on most of you. I can appreciate a nice sports car myself. It's fun to go fast right? We all like a car that accelerates quick, hangs in the corners and has a body design that turns heads. Frankly I have no respect for people that drive like race car drivers in traffic. They put their life and the lives of everyone around them in jeopardy. This passion for making the car faster and faster, while I understand it on the one hand, I also understand the consequences of rod heads that get on the street and start trying to show off for everyone. What is it guys, do you think all the rest of us are thinking "Now that guy is cool." while you speed and cut people off in traffic or start racing some other rod head down a busy road? Do you think we really see you as anything other than a jerk who's putting lives at risk. If you want to race a car, race it at a race track, race it on some remote country road where there is no one around. Racing amidst other drivers who are just trying to get to work or get home is the behavior of a juvenile delinquent. You think you're cool, and you think you're a great driver and you think nothing bad will happen. But sooner or later something will happen.

We showed up on an accident scene one night, this kid and his date had been to a dance. His mother let him take the brand new Toyota so he could take his girlfriend out in a nice car. Just a beautiful young girl too, her whole life ahead of her. But of course this kid is a rod head, so on the way home he's speeding way too fast on a curvy road through a neighborhood. He's trying to show off for his girl in Mom's fancy new car. Well you can see where this is going. The passenger side door impacted the tree at an estimated speed of 70 mph. Her head went through the glass and hit the tree. All of her ribs on the right side were broken, she had punctured lung, her spleen was ruptured, she had a skull fracture and she was 8 beats per minute when the EMT's got to her. She died three times on the way to the hospital but they got her back. I don't know if she lived through the night, the doctor at the ER said she was in serious but stable condition so I assume she did. Regardless, her life is forever changed because of this kid and his obsession to drive fast. Of course he hadn't a scratch. He got out of the car on his side and instead of dialing 911 he called his Mommy. She told him to dial 911.

So when I see posts from guys who are all jazzed up about buying a Mustang and pumping it up to 400 hp or any car for that matter all I can see is that young girl and plenty others like her that I've see over the years. This is how those stories end up all too often. Municipal streets are not race courses, they are designed to allow people to get from place to place. There's a good reason for speed limits and it's not just to cramp your fun. Like I said, I can appreciate a nice sports car as much as the next red blooded guy you know? But all to often these guys don't exercise good judgment about when to hammer the pedal and when not too. More often it's just the opposite and they exercise bad judgment in some silly effort to show off to everyone on the street. Then the next thing you know lives are being destroyed over it. Anyway, I know it's off topic, but that's my little rant. Sorry about that.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:10 AM

For the record...I keep it on the track.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:47 PM

most of this thread is off topic. Partly my fault. lol!

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Speed