Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 BK 2004

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Default Mazda 3 BK 2004

Hello and goodevening, this will be kind of a multiple question thing, so you can try and answer to your best.

1. Where can i get the ultra small bulbs for heated seat switch? the one that light up always, the one that light up when pressed works fine, but i am guessing they are the same.
2. My car clunks quite a lot up front when driving, any normal driveline issues? Was not able to find anything wrong with wheels off.
3. My car makes a weird crunching noise when i turn wheels fast, especially at low speed or standstill.
4. Where the heck do i find gaskets for the timing chain housing, as it seems to be leaking. Possibly a whole gasket set, as single gaskets often are not available, but i was not able to find a kit with anything but gaskets for the head and manifolds.
5. At my first drive after i bought it, it hesitated at low load low rpm drive, which made the engine light blink, i pressed the pedal a little more, and it sputtered a little and it never happened again at least not yet (2 days).

I just bought the car, so my experience with it are at a nill. Only thing i know a lot about is engine internals, and the world of EFI tuning.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

1: Can you access the bulbs?
2: Worn sway bar links, worn shocks, worn top hats, worn lower arm bushes etc etc.
3: Hard to say without driving the car.
4: The front cover uses silicone sealer.
5: Disconnect the battery, Clean the MAF, Clean the throttle body, reconnect battery, allow to idle for a few minutes then drive it.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:27 AM

1: Yes no problem, had them out a couple of days ago, but no success finding a name for them
2: Could be top hats i guess, since it crunches when turning also, i found that it does make the sound when i hit on the tire sidewall, but was still not able to trace it down, as i could not get enough leverage when the wheel is off.
4: Oh. that could be why that gasket was hard to find
5: I'll try and see if it stored a code, i have a OBD2 scanner, so i hope so.