Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2004 Mazda 6 rattle in dash

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Default 2004 Mazda 6 rattle in dash

Hi. I'm brand new to this forum, and I'm hoping that I can find someone who is having the same issues as me. I bought a brand new 2004 Mazda 6 sport sedan on July 2, 2004. Within 30 days, there was a very annoying rattle in the dash. The only way I know to describe it is that it sounds like the windshield is loose. It's not a wind noise, but more like something is rubbing against the dash. I have taken it to the dealership more than 10 times, and it never gets fixed. I was told that there was a loose sensor, then the next time I was told that the panel was the problem, then my dash was supposedly pulled out, and ever since that took place, my air conditioner compressor kicks on all the time...even in the winter. The most recent trip to the dealership, I was told that my carpet was removed and a bolt was found under the carpet. I know they are giving me the run around since I am a single female. The sad thing is: I love my car, and I don't think there's a better looking car on the road.....I just want it fixed. Is anyone else having an issue like this, and if so, what needs to be done. I have filed a complaint with Mazda Corporate, and I have completely lost faith in the service department at the only dealership in my area. Someone....please help me!!!

Thanks,

Stacy

Old 05-19-2005, 02:59 AM
Default RE: 2004 Mazda 6 rattle in dash

hey stacy, sorry I can't really help out with your problem but I just wanted to say I totally know what it feels like because I have this problem with a rattling noise coming from the engine (or at least i think that's where it's coming from). do you have that problem by ne chance? lol With cars, it sux that i'm not experienced enough to know what' wrong w/ my car. because just like you, i adore my mazda 6 like crazy. lol but hopefully some nice experts will be able to help us out. : ) laalaa

Old 05-19-2005, 10:23 AM

I think the dash rattle problem if fairly common, and I don't know that there is much of a fix for it. I know you said that the dealer you go to is the only one nearby, but you may need to take a little trip to get good service.

Old 05-22-2005, 01:00 AM

Got the same noisy noise in mine. You see even the other side of the border we got the same trouble. Supposely it would be the right air bag that would cause the rattle noise. And, the fun of it, nothing can be done to fix it. Fun hey? I just hope it won't make more noise with thenyear to come.

Old 06-01-2005, 07:15 PM

I have the same problem. That's crazy that there could be such a manufacturing problem.

Old 06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Administrator

this happens on lots of cars..not just mazda 6s

Old 06-01-2005, 10:27 PM

STACY AND FELLOW DASH RATTLERS; I AGREE WITH PATRICK THAT THE MAZDA6 IS NOT THE ONLY VEHICLE WITH RATTLES,
ALSO YOU MAY NOT ALL HAVING THE SAME RATTLE.
HOW IN STACY'S CASE, HAVING 10 REPAIR ATTEMPTS AND FILED A COMPLAINT WITH MAZDA. YOU SHOULD HAVE A LEMON
LAW ON YOUR SIDE, DEPENDING ON YOUR STATE LAW. WHAT YOU CAN DO IS CALL YOUR DEALER AND REQUEST THAT
THE NEXT TIME THE MAZDA SERVICE FIELD MANAGER IS IN, TO CONTACT YOU AND SET UP AN APPOINTMENT. HAVE COPIES OF
THE REPAIR ORDERS AND EXPLAIN THE WHOLE HISTORY AND YOUR FEELING TO THIS PERSON. KEEP YOUR COOL, DON'T
BREAK DOWN, YOU GO GIRL.
I HAVE A STORY TO SHARE WITH YOU WHICH I LEARN OF, FROM A ROLLS-ROYCE SERVICE MANAGER OUT TORONTO.
THIS ELDERY WOMAN WAS CONTINUIOSLY COMPLAINTING OF A RATTLE. WELL THE DEALER ALMOST COMPLETE REBUILD HER
VEHICLE BUT THE NOISE ALWAY RETURNED WHEN SHE DROVE IT. FINALLY THE MANAGER WAS SEND IN TO DEAL WITH
THIS WOMAN. HE REQUESTED TO HAVE A ROAD TEST WITH HER. SO THE WOMAN, HER HUSBAND AND ROLLS MANAGER
WENT FOR DRIVE. HOW THIS WAS SOMETHING THE DEALER HAD NOT DONE. AFTER DRIVING AWHILE SHE SAID CAN YOU
HEAR THAT NOISE. YES ROLLS MANAGER COULD, SO HE LISTEN AND LOOKED AROUND TRYING TO DETERMINE THE CAUSE.
IT TURN OUT THAT THE WOMAN HUSBAND WOULD RELAX AND SLIGHTLY OPEN HIS MOUTH, WHEN HE DID THIS HIS DENTURES
WOULD LOOSEN AND RATTLE. TRUE STORY
THE POINT I' M TRYING TO MAKE IS THIS: ANY TIME YOU HAVE A NOISE COMPLAINT, BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR DEALER SERVICE
WRITER OR TECH ROAD TEST WITH YOU TO VERIFY THE NOISE. HOW I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE THAT IT SEEMS 9 OUT 10
DRIVES IT WON'T OCCUR. SO IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO DO YOUR OWN DIAGNOSIS, WHEN YOU HEAR THE NOISE TRY TO
REMEMBER THE SPEED, ROAD SURFACE, ARE YOU TURNING, BRAKING OR ACCELERATING, FORWARD OR REVERSE, EVEN THE
THE WEATHER CONDITIONS, ARE YOU ALONE OR WITH PASSENGERS AND HOW MANY? I COULD GO ON BUT HOPEFULLY YOU
GET THE IDEA.
MAZDA HAS MADE TRAINING MANUALS AND A VIDEO TO ADDRESS NOISE. VIBRATIONS AND HARSHNESS WHICH ALL DEALERS
SHOULD HAVE IN A REFERENCE LIBRARY FOR THEIR TECHICANS.
STACY I WISH, I COULD BE MORE HELPFUL. I HAVE CHECKED MAZDA'S WEBSITE, MAZDA REFERENCE INFO, M-TIPS AND
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS AND NOTHING. HANG IN THERE, HOPEFULLY YOU'LL FIND A TECHICAN WHO WILLING
TO GO THE DISTANCE WITH NOISE PROBLEMS. MAZDA MARTY

Old 06-02-2005, 12:20 PM

Lemon Law for a rattle?? That's crazy! Just do what most 6 owners have done with the dash rattle - fix it yourself.

Go to your local hardware store, buy some of the dark felt weatherstriping, cut it in a length 2x the width of your windshield and stuff it in the gap between the windshield and the top of the dash.

Solved.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:21 PM

SINCE WE'VE ONLY HAD ONE COMPLAINT WHICH TURNED OUT BE THE CENTER STORAGE BOX.
MADE SOME CALLS; IT SEEM THE HOOD RELEASE CABLE WHERE IT GO THRU THE FIREWALL, IT'S
GROMMET MAYBE NOT COMPLETELY SEATED. IF YOU HAVE MANUAL TRANSAXLE, THERE HAVE TWO
CONTROL CABLES ONCE AGAIN THESE MAY OUT POSITION, RESULTING NOISE IS TRANSMITTED
INSIDE OF THE CAR.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:47 AM

STACY:

OK I WAS READING YOUR COMMENT ABOUT YOUR RATTLE AND I THINK YOU NEED TO TAKE YOUR VEHICLE BACK TO THE DEALER.

THERE WAS IS A STRONG POSSIBILITY THAT WINDSHIELD IS LOOSE.

RUMOURS HAVE BEEN SURFACING THAT AT THE FACTORY....... THEY INSTALLED ALOT OF WINDSHIELDS WITH THE WRONG URATHANE.

HAVE THIS CHECKED FOR LEAKS ETC .

ALSO DO YOU HAVE A BUG DEFLECTOR ON THE CAR?

THEY ARE VERY NOISEY--IF YOU HAVE ONE I SUGGEST TAKING IT OFF AND THEN RETEST FOR THE RATTLE.

HOPE THIS HELPS

CHRIS
AKA: MAZDASERVICE

Quick Reply: 2004 Mazda 6 rattle in dash