Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

mazda 3 2009 DPF changed Failed regen but still having trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Default mazda 3 2009 DPF changed Failed regen but still having trouble

My wife has a Mazda 3 20.D sport 75,000 miles drives mostly around town,takes it on an occaisonal long run
i know about the engine oil building due to un burnt diesel being added to the oil and get that sorted when ever it needs it around once a year as she only does around 8,000 a year.
however recently the dpf,engine, and traction control lights came on, the car lost power and got worse within a mile or so and stalled at a junction as i was about to try and limp it home ..no dice
so i managed to get home and recover the vehicle using my tuscon and a solid towbar back to my local garage
DPF was totally blocked and needed replacing which was done at a cost of £555 the dpf light was reset and the traction control fault light reset, and the engine fault code erased
took it for a spin and all faults came back,car is running reasonably well, seems a bit sluggish mid-range revs,took it back to garage who relooked at it. they are hopfull it might clear it,s self out ,, my question is would taking the egr valve off and cleaning it help to sort out the pressure in the engine so it,s below 10mmb which is where it needs to be for the ecu to be happy currently the air pressure in the dpf is fluctuating between 10 and 12 mmb which is not a lot but enough to upset the ecu and show a fault.

Old 12-30-2018, 03:05 AM
Default Egr progress

Ok so got egr out eventually, split the electronic bit from the valve for cleaning, valve was moving freely so have cleaned it so it is moving freely with hand pressure put it all back but warning lights are still on
now wondering if it might be sticking turbo vanes as the car pulls well in first and right up the rev range, but seem not to pull so readily in 3rd or fourth ,how hard is it to get the turbo out for cleaning? Can a not very experienced person achieve it ?

Old 01-12-2019, 05:54 PM

garage now think supplied dpf filter may be faulty gone back for testing