Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Low fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Default Low fuel pressure

Hello all,

I have a 2016 Mazda3 with a 2.0L engine. My check engine light came on and the codes are P0192 and P0193. I replaced the fuel pressure sensor to no avail. In the morning, the engine will stall a few times but after that it will run more or less normally but will still have difficulty going uphill or speeding up on the highway.

So, since the fuel system seems to lose all pressure when the vehicle is parked overnight, my thinking is there is a fuel leak somewhere. However, I haven't been able to find any leak at all. Under the hood there seems to be a very very very faint gasoline smell but I'm not 100% sure and it could just be my nose playing tricks on me.

Soooooo, opinions? Does it sound like a fuel leak to you or have you seen these types of symptoms with other issues in the fuel system?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2018, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

DTC P0192:00
Fuel pressure sensor circuit low input

DETECTION CONDITION
• If the input voltage at the PCM terminal 1CA is less than 0.16 V for 5 s, the PCM determines that the fuel pressure sensor circuit is low.
Diagnostic support note
• This is a continuous monitor (CCM).
• The check engine light illuminates if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition during the first drive cycle.
• FREEZE FRAME DATA (Mode 2)/Snapshot data is available.
• DTC is stored in the PCM memory.FAIL-SAFE FUNCTION• Stops high pressure fuel pump control
• Limits intake air amount

POSSIBLE CAUSE
• Fuel pressure sensor connector or terminals malfunction
• PCM connector or terminals malfunction
• Short to ground in wiring harness between the following terminals:― Fuel pressure sensor terminal C—PCM terminal 1BJ
― Fuel pressure sensor terminal B—PCM terminal 1CA• Fuel pressure sensor signal circuit and ground circuit are shorted to each other
• Fuel pressure sensor malfunction
• High pressure fuel pump malfunction
• PCM malfunction

Last edited by grim_reaper; 12-07-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

DTC P0193:00
Fuel pressure sensor circuit high input

DETECTION CONDITION
• If the input voltage at the PCM terminal 1CA is more than 4.86 V for 5 s, the PCM determines that the fuel pressure sensor circuit is high.
Diagnostic support note
• This is a continuous monitor (CCM).
• The check engine light illuminates if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition during the first drive cycle.
• FREEZE FRAME DATA (Mode 2)/Snapshot data is available.
• DTC is stored in the PCM memory.

FAIL-SAFE FUNCTION
• Stops high pressure fuel pump control
• Limits intake air amount

POSSIBLE CAUSE
• Fuel pressure sensor connector or terminals malfunction
• PCM connector or terminals malfunction
• Fuel pressure sensor malfunction
• Short to power supply in wiring harness between fuel pressure sensor terminal B and PCM terminal 1CA
• Open circuit in wiring harness between the following terminals:― Fuel pressure sensor terminal C—PCM terminal 1BJ
― Fuel pressure sensor terminal B—PCM terminal 1CA
― Fuel pressure sensor terminal A—PCM terminal 1CB• PCM malfunction

Old 10-28-2022, 10:24 AM
Default I have same problem (Mazda 3)

Originally Posted by fingergod
Hello all,

I have a 2016 Mazda3 with a 2.0L engine. My check engine light came on and the codes are P0192 and P0193. I replaced the fuel pressure sensor to no avail. In the morning, the engine will stall a few times but after that it will run more or less normally but will still have difficulty going uphill or speeding up on the highway.

So, since the fuel system seems to lose all pressure when the vehicle is parked overnight, my thinking is there is a fuel leak somewhere. However, I haven't been able to find any leak at all. Under the hood there seems to be a very very very faint gasoline smell but I'm not 100% sure and it could just be my nose playing tricks on me.

Soooooo, opinions? Does it sound like a fuel leak to you or have you seen these types of symptoms with other issues in the fuel system?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Hello,
Did you ever resolve this problem? I am having similar issues.