Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Leak in passenger floorboard

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Default Leak in passenger floorboard

I have a 2005 Mazda 3. I am getting what looks to be water in the my right floorboard carpet. It's not a huge amount, but just enough to keep it wet. I believe I had this problem quite some time ago when the car was still under warranty. I thought they said something was clogged and it was overflowing into the passenger side, but I can't remember what they did to fix it. Please help!

Thanks.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:58 PM

assuming you know if its not because of bad seals in the roof, id say your evaporator is leaking, if thats the case then your entire dash has to come apart with means a huge labor bill.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:16 PM

Yes, it's definately not the roof. It's leaking on it's on. We haven't had any rain, nor was the car washed. It's coming in on it's on. Again, it did this exact same thing a couple years ago and the technician told my daughter that something was clogged, but I can't seem to find anything to unclog. Any other ideas?

Old 06-20-2011, 06:07 PM

Yeah im leaning towards your evap leaking, which means a lot of stuff has to come out

Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 AM

My daughter just took it to the dealer and they are saying the enclosed cabin air filter is clogged. They wanted $160 to fix it. Hmm... I need to get more info. This sounds like something that will continue to happen. Anyone ever fixed this?

Old 07-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like the A/C drain is what's clogged. The only other possibility based on what you've told us, is if the car has a sunroof w/clogged drains or the lower door drains are clogged and the car has been through a car wash.

Look for a small hose that follows down the firewall to see if A/C condensate is leaking out of it, as it should. If not, you have dirt and sediment stuck in there. Sometime a small shot of compressed air will clear it temporarily. Other times, you have to go a little deeper.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:15 AM

Yes, this is what they told me. They said there's a pan that sits underneath the blower motor behind the center console that gets clogged and then the condensation won't drain out.

They said to remove glove box, then plate to the left, then I will see the two filters that get replaced and also be able to locate the pan that's clogged.

Anyone done this? They made it sound like a pain... Of course, they are the dealer...

Old 07-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

The '04's, like mine, don't have the cabin filter so I haven't. Only the one in my wife's Vibe which isn't too bad.
From what I understand it is a bit of a PITA compared to some other cars, and when you do it the first time. But after you know the routine its not so bad.
Consider it a learning experience.