Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Issue with my stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Default Issue with my stereo?

First off hello all forum members! I am the proud owner of an 08' Mazda 3 VE Touring Edition with the 6-disc cd changer and the premium sound system. Im a fan of the heavy bass in my songs so I have the bass set at +6 but I am experiencing an issue that occasionally while driving the bass will completely drop out of the song unexpectedly. This is present on both the auxiliary channel and the cd channel.I thought maybe the speakers peaked out at certain bass levels so I tried dialing it back to around +2 and I still get the same problem. This happens when the volume is very loud or very soft and the only way to get the bass to return is to adjust the volume, but it will then do the same thing a few moments later. Any help with this would be appreciated!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Default RE: Issue with my stereo?

this is increasingly more and more common in all of the new mazdas. the main thing that i can recommend here is to let the dealership know of this problem. the last time that i was at the dealership, they said that it was on the verge of a recall, but they need to know that the problem is wide spread and not just a small issue. they can't order a recall unless mazda knows that this is an issue.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 PM

If I take it to the dealer is there anything they can do to get it fixed? Its rather annoying, or is there anything I can do on my end?

Old 04-28-2008, 08:48 AM

Any other thoughts on this?

Old 04-28-2008, 09:04 PM

not much that you can do. the dealership will just order you a new stereo, but that will be under warranty and they will then have a record of you having the problem. then, when it comes to the recall, they will fix the problem once and for all and help everyone out a lot.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:17 PM

I took it to the dealership today and made an appointment for this Thursday. I played with some more this afternoon and it didnt seem to happen, but I dont the dealership to take it in and then have the problem not be there when they try. Hopefully they will just order the new one and call it a day.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 PM

buy a subwoofer. then you will have no problems with this issue lol. also could be the ALC. if your driving faster then the speakers will go louder to drown out the road noise then when you come to a stop it will turn itself down. that could be the issue. if not you may want to speak to the mazda dealership and see what they say

Old 04-29-2008, 05:42 PM

...I hate the ALC i have to turn it up when im at a stop or slowing down then i have to turn it down when im back up to speed...****..anyways i thought i'd post this here. I recently took the stock stereo out and was using a 7' touch screen. The touch screen was crap (sound quality) so i took it out and put the stock back in but now the AUX won't work.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:59 PM

Im not a fan of the ALC either, its neat concept but I dont see much use for it except maybe long car rides with a passenger. I had my brother who is good at audio equipment tweak the settings and he got it sounding EXTREMELY better, but I still notice the bass dropout. It seems to happen only when the car is moving though. He also actually had the bass at -2 for best sound performance and had the rear speakers handling more of the audio output than the front ones.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:08 PM

perhaps the aux is not hooked up properly or with using the aftermarket head unit you may have screwed it all up. this is why im not touching my deck and decided to wire my subs through my speakers. cheaper to fix and keep the stock look... till someone hears you

Quick Reply: Issue with my stereo?