Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

INFOTAINMENT degradation

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Default INFOTAINMENT degradation

I noticed after updating my maps and software on my 2014 Mazda3 hatchback that MAZDA disabled the option to hotspot your phone into the infotainment system to do local searching and gather traffic and weather information.

I contacted Mazda connect and was told that this was a trial optional feature. All online and local searching menu options are now grayed out on the INFOTAINMENT system. I pay $10 a month on my phone to have my phone connect to this system and now it's gone because Mazda might be wanting to make money in a subscription service and they are in negotiations with some third party company to bring these options back. A $150 portable Garmin auto GPS can give you traffic and weather and local searching, but the new MAZDA3 Infortainment system can't.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE when it was an option with the car when I bought it. The INFOTAINMENT system has now lost an important technological application and needs to come back. If enough Mazda3 owners demand they get back what they paid for, perhaps they will get off their butts and bring back the connectivity. Don't talk to your dealership agents about this, they were totally clueless when I found out. Call MAZDA at 800-430-0153 and spread the word.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Banned

I don't have any of that tech on my car. I usually have to print maps at home via Mapquest or look at a printed Rand McNally map in the car. Next weekend i'm going somewhere I haven't been that's over 1 hour away, but i'll get there (gonna watch a friend race). I've done it many times before as I DJ'd over 200 weddings.
I have a great traffic link on my home computer that shows current traffic with either a red, yellow or green line (no need to explain this) and try to check this just before i leave. I don't use this, but this may be good for you: Beat the Traffic App: Download for iPhone and Android
I also check the weather network and see the satellite shots as well to actually see whre threatening weather is. Maybe you could do the same @ work?
Unless you are away for days, those things in the car can be overcome and not needed----just another expense to go wrong. I just listen to music in my car all the time with over 1600 songs on a USB stick (commercial free). The last thing i want to hear is some idiot talking on the radio in the car.
I do understand your frustration with broken promises, but technology changes so fast, and if it sounds too good to be true, chances are it is. Many things are free, but only for a short term then they stick it to you. Lesson learned? Welcome to the new world!
Can you get those apps on your phone? Yes you can!: Beat the Traffic App: Download for iPhone and Android

Attached Thumbnails INFOTAINMENT degradation-bend_over.jpg   INFOTAINMENT degradation-enough.jpg   INFOTAINMENT degradation-imagescaesn6a1.jpg   INFOTAINMENT degradation-stopsign.jpg  

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 09-11-2014 at 08:34 PM.