Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

DPF Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Default Connector for DPF light Mazda 5

Originally Posted by yovo
Hi guys,
I have a problem not being able to find test connector, where it's supposed to be. There's also no similar looking connector in the fuse box.
There is a 6 pin connector just on top of the coolingfan that looks similar to the connector in other Mazdas fuseboxes. It has a cap that you have to remove.
Link to video:

Old 05-15-2018, 01:10 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by Reedweaver
How to reset the DPF light after a forced regen or oil change without the Mazda VCM.

The Mazda 2.0D 2007 has a 2 port diagnostic connector covered by a cap inside the engine bay. It is located by the radiator on the cross beam in the middle, right underneath the hood catch. If you take the cap off the connector you will see the 2 pins, The one you need is the top right pin.

Connecting this pin using a switch(the switch must stay down) on a 2.5m long lead with the other end connected to the negative terminal on the battery will give you control from inside the car. You will be basically connecting the negative terminal of the battery to the top right hand connector of the test port. You will need to follow these instructions to do the required actions.

NB/ You must change the oil/filter if the light is flashing BEFORE doing this. VERY IMPORTANT

The following process has been mentioned elsewhere on the internet for a Mazda 6 and changed for the Mazda 3.

How to start DPF cleaning process
Do only this outdoors with lots of free space behind the exhaust and with the hood open. The engine gets very hot.

1. Warm up the engine (important as it will not work unless the engine is hot). When hot turn off.
2. Start the engine.
3. Press your switch to connect the negative terminal to the test connector
4. Press the accelerator to the floor and release 2 times.
5. The engine speed increases to 1750rpm, if not got to (2).
6. Depending on the amount of accumulated PM, it may take a maximum of 94 min. from the time diesel particulate filter manual regeneration is started to the time the diesel particulate filter indicator light goes out.
7. When the engine goes to idle turn your switch off.
8. Let it run for 5 min before turning off.

9. To stabilize the exhaust gas temperature, shift to neutral soon after the engine speed decreases to 775 rpm, and keep the engine speed at 3,000 rpm for 1 min. (Finished)
9a. If diesel particulate filter manual regeneration is to be performed again, leave the vehicle untouched for approx. 5 min. before starting the operation.

How to reset DPF after cleaning process
1. Ignition to position on. (Dont start car)
2. Press your switch to connect the negative terminal to the test connector
3. Press the accelerator to the floor and release 2 times.
4. Ignition to position off.
5. Press your switch to DISconnect the negative terminal to the test connector

How to reset after an oil change
1. Ignition to position on.(Dont start car)
2. Press your switch to connect the negative terminal to the test connector
3. Press the accelerator to the floor and release 5 times.
4. The glow plug light flashes 5 times when resetting is complete.
5. Ignition to position off.
6. Press your switch to DISconnect the negative terminal to the test connector

The injectors may need calibrating as well, which can be done using using another process, I'll try and dig it out.

Look here at the bottom, it gives you a picture of the ground wire
https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/...6f1805100.html
i thank you very much for all this well detailed procedure. Well done!
I tried exactly the as mentioned but the problem with my Mazda 6 (2007 2.0 Diesel) is that the process of regeneration is interrupted 15 seconds right after the check engine light comes on. The check engine light shows error nr. F242 which tells me that the DPF has accumulated ash. How can perform regeneration in this case?

Thanks
kamiran

Old 05-19-2018, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Take it to a Mazda Dealer. They can diagnose the fault code, & potential carry out a forced regen.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:56 AM
Default Problem Fixed!

Thank you for your reply, I did and they did eliminate the problem. With their own OBD they forced a regeneration and cleaned the DPF. My car is all set now and drives much better even than before. It costed around 60$.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:48 AM

My car is a 2017 Mazda CX-3 1.5 Diesel Skyactive ~DPF yellow FLASHING

I just bought this 2017 CX-3 with 34500 Km used car last week , did less than 300Km with my " new " car .
Then yesterday night after driving for 35 minutes , 25 of those at more than 100 Kmh , the DPF light started FLASHING
TODAY the dealership told me that it was my fault , in his "expert" opinion I turned Off the car while the "I-stop" yellow light was ON, now he said the DPF it will OFF by itself , if not to go there .

- ANY ONE WITH SAME PROBLEM ??? OR KNOWS WHAT TO DO?

Old 01-28-2019, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

As your vehicle is still under warranty, it will need to be taken to a Mazda dealership for diagnostics & repair.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:32 AM

Does anyone knows if this happens too many times
THANKS!!