Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Don't trust Henley Cars Ltd

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Exclamation Don't trust Henley Cars Ltd

I was interested in a Mazda3 (HG06 GKV) that they had on their website with the title 'Mazda MAZDA3 2.0 Sport 5dr ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE' and description 'VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF REALLY IS IN OUTSTANDING CONDITION BOTH INSIDE AND OUT'. Their website is Used Cars Cannock, Used Car Dealer in Staffordshire | Henley Cars Ltd

As I live 85 miles away (1 hour 30 mins), I phoned the dealer and asked them to confirm that the car was as described and that it had no scratches on the outside and if the seats were in good condition - he said that they were. He also said that the alloys were in very good condition. I told him that I would be travelling 1.5 hours to view the car so I didn't want to waste my time, but he assured me that I would be very happy with the car.

So I drove to view the car, parked up next to it and could see a significant amount of scratches from 5 metres away. He told me that they would polish out, but this was clearly a lie. If he could lie to me about something as obvious as scratches on the bodywork (that I could see from 5 metres away), he would obviously lie to me about the mechanics of the car.

In short - do not trust this dealer - he lied to me over the phone and to my face. I walked away, so should you.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Richardson
I was interested in a Mazda3 (HG06 GKV) that they had on their website with the title 'Mazda MAZDA3 2.0 Sport 5dr ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE' and description 'VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF REALLY IS IN OUTSTANDING CONDITION BOTH INSIDE AND OUT'. Their website is Used Cars Cannock, Used Car Dealer in Staffordshire | Henley Cars Ltd

As I live 85 miles away (1 hour 30 mins), I phoned the dealer and asked them to confirm that the car was as described and that it had no scratches on the outside and if the seats were in good condition - he said that they were. He also said that the alloys were in very good condition. I told him that I would be travelling 1.5 hours to view the car so I didn't want to waste my time, but he assured me that I would be very happy with the car.

So I drove to view the car, parked up next to it and could see a significant amount of scratches from 5 metres away. He told me that they would polish out, but this was clearly a lie. If he could lie to me about something as obvious as scratches on the bodywork (that I could see from 5 metres away), he would obviously lie to me about the mechanics of the car.

In short - do not trust this dealer - he lied to me over the phone and to my face. I walked away, so should you.
Well, I don't live in the UK, but used car dealers are the same all over the world.