Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Does the Mazda3 have heated exterior mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Default Does the Mazda3 have heated exterior mirrors?

I keep forgetting to ask this question, so, anybody?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Does the Mazda3 have heated exterior mirrors?

ORIGINAL: shipo

I keep forgetting to ask this question, so, anybody?
In Canada some models come with heated mirrors, however in the US they're not an option on any trim level. THAT BEING SAID, they can be very easily added to your car as all the wiring is present up to the door. I did this earlier this year and absolutely love them. I also have a good pictoral walkthrough on how to do this on M3F which you can see HERE. There are two ways to add them.

Way number one is by doing a full swap of the mirror housing with one that has the heated glass, and the wiring between the glass and the harness plug to the door. This is super easy and will take you about 10 minutes to be done with. This one will cost about $200 or so.

Way number two is by replacing just the glass portion with the heated glass. The non-heated housing lacks the wiring between the glass and the harness plug (as well as the two pins in the plug that mate up with the door side of the plug) so you need to run the wiring in and fab the pins up. This is a super easy mod, takes about 30 minutes per side, and will cost you between $80-90. This is the way I did them.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Default RE: Does the Mazda3 have heated exterior mirrors?

Wow, great post. I'm not one who typically modifies my cars, but here in New Hamster this mod is a "must have". Thanks a bunch.

On a related note, what is it with some car makers? I mean, do they think the snow and ice stops at the U.S.-Canadian border? I drove a Civic EX last year and was stunned to find that Honda did not offer heated mirrors on ANY U.S. Civic. Then, when the 2008 Civic EX-L debuted, presto-chango, heated mirrors. So, I guess we can infer from Honda that us folks from the States only have to worry about snow,ice and frost if we have a car with a leather interior. Yeesh!