Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Defect warning: Attention 2009 mazda 3 owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tracker
well what he said was that the steering wheel would not move at all, not "its hard to move", the steering wheel would not budge as in locked up and unable to turn w/o breaking the steering column. If hes talkin about just a lose of power steering but was able to move the wheel then a case wouldnt stand because at higher speeds you have more control, but at lower speeds your gonna have an unexpected work out either way you are able to move the car. You might wanna read it the whole way instead of skim
I read what he said and, barring some significant evidence to the contrary, I categorically refuse to believe that the failure of the pump will disable the steering system of the car. Said another way, I highly doubt LPG's account.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 PM

thinking about it the steering gears wouldnt fail unless in motion and is an input to the power steering, the pump was replaced and problem solved, so the pump was the culprit meaning that the system would default to minimum assist and cannot stop the motion of the steering wheel since the wheel is an input and not controlled by the pump, so if it were to fail @ high speeds you wouldnt know unless you started to slow down, either way not in danger.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

There's an echo (Echo, Echo, Echo) in here....

Old 07-29-2010, 03:31 PM

I agree what the manager said was wrong... it definitely is relevant regardless of the outcome.

However the sales man's job is to sell a car, and that's it. How in the hell was he supposed to know the pump was f'ed up? The salesman doesn't go and inspect every nook and cranny of every car on the lot and every new delivery that comes in. He sells a new car. New cars don't have anything wrong.

And when something does go wrong... ALAS... a warranty!
And even if it was a death risk situation, it's still not the salesman's fault... so why did you storm to him? You = dumb