Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Considering picking up a MS3 GT but I have a few ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Default RE: Considering picking up a MS3 GT but I have a few ?s

I can see what you're saying and Ive thought about that. The only car I would buy that would fit my needs sorta well would be a 98-02 camaro or ta, but the rear seats are cramped. I know the LS1 engine like the back of my hand and Im afraid it would turn into what my Z71 did, it gets single digit gas mileage but will outrun damn near anything on the street. I really like the MS3 due to it being a hatch and four door. Ive really been trying to find some posts on MS3s that have some decent power under the hood but everyone seems to keep theirs nearly stock. Ive found some suspension kits that lower it, help with the rear end squating and does away with wheel hop, it seems those would go a long way to helping putting the power to the ground. If I want all out speed I have other vehicles I can use, this is just a commuter/road trip vehicle that will get decent mileage but still run pretty good. Is there any sites that I can look at that have some more heavily modded MS3's? Ive done alot of yahoo searches but none of them have really turned up anything more then performance parts sites which their claims are god and all but I want to read on a forum someones results from these parts. I just want to make sure the aftermarket is there for this car before I get it, otherwise I may have to get an si and I like the MS3 alot better. I did find that the MS3 runs high 13s stock so what would they run with a 100 extra hp to the wheels?

Silverspeed, Ill have to take a look at those articles later but thank you very much for the help.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:14 PM

i would look into the mazdaspeed 6 if you are going that direction. it is AWD and has more WHP than the ms3. it isn't a hatch, but they didn't ever get as popular as the ms3's, so there are a lot of cheap ones out there that have been taken care of. you may even be able to find one on the lot still.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:49 PM

wats wrong with fwd? my friend with a 97 supra(stock.. but still 330hp)let me drive his car while he drove mines, and honestly i felt mines had more pull.. even when im driving my car, my head gets pushed back sometimes.. i felt such little g force (that u could get from a supra) while in the supra..