Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Considering the Mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 AM
Default RE: Considering the Mazda 3

I am also in the market for a Mazda 3. I am looking to buy a used 3, probably a 2005. Many of the used Mazda 3's that are for sale in my area are the auto/manual models. I was wonder if anyone could help me out with the pros and cons of the auto/manual model?

Old 01-22-2007, 02:05 PM

PLEASE ANYBODY!!!!!!.......I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM AND I WANT TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT MY MAZDA3BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST A MESSAGE?[sm=smiley7.gif]WHERE IS THE OIL FILTER ON THE 2006 MAZDA3? HOW CAN I GET TO IT? FROM THE BOTTOM OR TOP? HOW DO I POST A MESSAGE??.......PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. VERONICA[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 01-22-2007, 04:03 PM

Agreed and point taken...one can not judge Mazda and Honda based on versilitility.... we wouldn't get here or there with that conversation....Yeah they are both Japanese and there may be some cross over....Ok so what...but Honda has a huge presence....as well as a longer history of producing performance cars in massive global quantities....Not to say Mazda doesn't produce high performance cars or is a small company by any means,being owned by Ford-but just not on the same scale as H-so sure the after market world will follow. That makes sense. Although what I have been reading and seeing is that Mazda has been trying to target a younger demographic group...even their designers in California are pretty young (but they should never have canned the Kabura- i just had to get that off my chest )...be as it may... Mazda is the largest raced car in the USA-(this didn't sound right to me at first, but I guess its true). On the other hand....why is there such a huge aftermarket on cars like mini coopers....being that it is a single model car (aside from the convertible) -maybe it's about the enthusiest then..... I dunno...just a fleeting thought...In the end....I'm a Mazda motor head all the way...I just hang out with a lot of Hondas and like to make them a bit envious

Here's a link:http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...like-mazda.php

Old 01-22-2007, 04:19 PM

I DON'T KNOW IF ITS JUST ME BUT...., I BARELY SEE MAZDA M3/M6/RX8COMERCIALS ON TV. THE MAJORITY OF COMERCIALSARE HONDAS, TOYOTAS AND NISSANS. MAYBE MAZDA DON'T NEED TOADVERTISE THESE CARS. IS THAT GOOD OR BAD?HUUMM!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Old 01-22-2007, 04:31 PM

the less MS3s I see on the road the better......the MS3 did get some media with Carbon Fiber Need for Speed....again targeting which group of drivers.....hmmm....

Old 01-22-2007, 05:29 PM

i see the Mazda3 commercial every so often, but i also dont watch that much tv anymore.... and i think the only reason why you see alot of nissan/honda commercials is because a)nissan just released a new Sentra, and b) Honda remodeled the civic...

but i definetly see ALOT of Nissan commercials.....

Old 01-22-2007, 05:58 PM

a few things

1) Aftermarket companies spend more time on cars that have alot of potential without even looking at them, like cars that come with performence packages, the mini cooper has a performence package that includes a stage 1 supercharger, that goes for same with the scion tc, they also offer supercharger kit from factory that is rated at 3psi. The 3 is a ecomony car where as the tc and cooper are considered sports cars, the tc is considered sport only because is only a two car, and as for the cooper it has a convertable counterpart.

2) Ive just recently seen commercials for the M3 and M6 fro the 07 models, and as for the rx8 ive seen commercials for those cars a few years ago

3) Why the less MS3 the better?

Old 01-23-2007, 02:22 AM

I can't get to the oil filter on the2006 MAZDA (2.3)because ICAN NOTfind it. Ilooked from the topand bottom of the engine and nothingDAMIT!!!!!!!I had a few reply to my question but I really don't understand what they are trying to say in order to get to the oil filter, to technicaly. COME ON GUYS!!!! there most be a simple way and simple wordsto explain to a dumb women like mehow to get to the oil filter on theon this car.I bought it used and I want to replace the filter and change oil. I don't want to take it to the Dealer because I like to use my favorite brand of oil. Need HELP, its driving me nuts!!!...[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 01-23-2007, 03:26 AM

from my 3 years of taking auto class, ive seen a lot of dumb ideas for oil filter placements....
-is the oil filter under a plastic shield?? like, maybe at the front of the car??
-is it maybe near the wheel? or under something??

i'd suggest getting a flashlight and taking a looksie around....
if your car is old, it MIGHT be covered in road grime...making it somewhat harder to find.....i'd go out and check my car, but it's winter, and snowy outside....

oh, have you checked the manual yet?? it might be listed there.....

Old 01-23-2007, 01:25 PM

[sm=signs007.gif]I FINALLY FUND IT!! The oil filter for the 2006 Mazda3 (2.3) is located UNDER the engine and notat theTOP likethe manual shows.
Get under the car and remove the six screws holding theprotective 24"x 20"plastic panel or shieldcovering the bottom of the engine and......[sm=yeahsmile.gif]VOILA!!You'll see the filter at the front near the driver side wheel. You can also see it with the panel on thru a small opening rightunder wherethe filter is located
You canget the"special tool" to remove or unscrew the filter body at a MAZDA Dealer for only $6.00 Part# A251 and remember....you can only change the element, you don't change the filter body..Thanks dentinger for your advice...[sm=smiley2.gif]

Quick Reply: Considering the Mazda 3