Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   Considering the Mazda 3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/considering-mazda-3-a-6397/)

CL004 01-19-2007 05:05 AM

Considering the Mazda 3

Greetings all,

I am currently looking to purchase a new car, the 2007 Mazda 3s GT (MT of course)is one of my top choices. The body stylelooks greatand it has received good reviews.There are a few questions that I have, whichwill help me with my decision, and I would appreciate your input. I have only owned Honda's, so I don't know much about Mazda.

Mazda 3 reliability? Are there issues anyone has come across? I am looking for a car that will last. Since everyone here ownsa MazdaI figured it would be the bestplace to ask.

The Boss stereo upgrade....is it worth it?Or should I just stick with the stock stereo. I don't want to mess with an aftermarket stereo because of the warranty.

Thank you for your time.

OJWagon 01-19-2007 07:40 AM

RE: Considering the Mazda 3

MAZDA reliability in generalis excellent and especially in the 3. Definitely go w/ the BOSE stereo if you don't want to fool w/ the aftermarket stuff.

icspots 01-19-2007 04:15 PM

I'll second that reliability has been pretty good on the 3's. Granted there's the occasional one that's nothing but problems, but that happens with every car.... including Toyotas and Hondas. ;)

As to the Bose..... audio is a very subjective thing. Some people are really happy with the Bose, and some cannot stand it. Go and listen to one yourself and see how it sounds to you. Personally I don't really care about the bose, but I would have taken it to get the HID headlights on my car. I don't have them, but then again they were packaged differently in '05 and you could only get the Bose on the sp23.

CL004 01-19-2007 04:16 PM

I just noticed I put BOSS instead of BOSE...I was drunk.....I swear.

Thanks for the input.

zoomzoomwannabe 01-19-2007 05:36 PM

The Bose is great for clarity, but if you are looking for a ton of bottom, you might want to customize your own system.

RedlineRN 01-20-2007 11:23 AM

Honda is Honda. Honda is great. I have a 91 CRX SI (2nd generation) I use for winter and that bitch runs strong- I put 4 aggressive snows on her and some weight in the back and off I go. Best winter car ever. Nothing wrong with those hondas....and you can make money on them. I would buy an older honda before an older mazda.....

New Mazda's-different story.... I never had a problem with my 2004 mazda 3 either. Loved her so much I got an MS3. I'd buy any new mazda over a new Honda any day though. So if it were me and I was buying a new car I'
d stick with the Mazda over the Honda..

As far as Bose-high's are nice...not as nice as thought they would be.... I still needed some bass so I stuck a 15" sub (KICKER) in the trunk...much better....bitch to wire that 2007 MS3 though....

CL004 01-21-2007 02:24 PM

I agree that Honda is great. My 99 Civic has been good to me over the years, with no major problems. I was looking at the 2007 Honda Civic SI sedan, but wasn't too sure about the body style. Also it only takes premium fuel.

The Mazda 3 sounds like a solid car and I appreciate the input. I will definately be test driving soon, and if all goes well I might be brining home my 1st Mazda.

RedlineRN 01-21-2007 04:36 PM

I think the new civic SI's look like soap bars

Tracker 01-21-2007 05:03 PM

Mazda cars are very reliable, and judging by the model you are planning to purchase you will be most definitly be happy with your chiose, and whats funny about the 3 is the lower you go in models (i.e GT to s to i) the more surprised you will be by its effcientcy in terms of how it perfoms and comfort fpr the price you pay.

I think its a little unfair to compare Mazda and Honda in terms of versatility cuz you can do motor swaps and upgrades out the ass with Hondas with no real worries, there is a saying me and my friends say when we see a integra or crx beat a mustang or Z06 in race..."its a Honda".

dentinger 01-21-2007 08:03 PM

thats what i like about older honda's....
just drop in a K20 (RSX engine) or a B18 (integra gsr), turbo it, and you pretty much got a 12 second car...
cuz older hondasweigh next to nothing if you strip them down

i read about a 2007 honda with a turbo charged K20 engine that made something like, 400hp...ish