Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Coming from an '06 BMW 330i ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:03 PM

So am I driving an old man's sports car? Kind of like a Jaguar?

I'm only 21, I have a rep to uphold! LMAO

Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by rakked
For a variety of reasons I'm looking at getting into something more economical. I want something that's fun to drive too. The Mazda3 keeps popping up as a possible alternative.

Anyone else come from a BMW that can provide some feedback? Are there other cars I should be considering?

Finally, should I be looking at the 2010? It has features that I'm used to (Bluetooth, remote start). They don't seem to be available on the '09.

Thanks much.
Have you considered a MazdaSpeed 3 GT? Although not a BMW and is a HB, you get a lot of bang for the $.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

AH!! I've seen your rep, Alex. Believe me, it's not worth protecting.

Actually, on mazdas247 where I am also a Mod, the biggest trouble makers are the <30 yr olds that drive MS3's!! The Mods are constantly talking about how these guys just think because they drive a powerful, turboed car that their sh*t don't stink. It is frustrating.
We hardly ever have problems w/the regular 3 owners, or the older MS3 owners either.

Last edited by virgin1; 03-11-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Actually, on mazdas247 where I am also a Mod, the biggest trouble makers are the <30 yr olds that drive MS3's!! The Mods are constantly talking about how these guys just think because they drive a powerful, turboed car that their sh*t don't stink. It is frustrating.
We hardly ever have problems w/the regular 3 owners, or the older MS3 owners either.
We won't talk about the 32 year old in his MS3 I beat with the F150 Saturday at the Track then. We did call him Smokey the rest of the day though

I don't own a BMW, but I took 1 of our customers that owns a M3 out in my lowered Mazda 3 and he told me he was impressed with it.
and after I told him what I was getting for Mileage he was even more impressed with the Pep and nimbleness of the car.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07
So am I driving an old man's sports car? Kind of like a Jaguar?

I'm only 21, I have a rep to uphold! LMAO

You are too young to remember the introduction of the Mustang in 1964 but,it was a vehicle that appealed to young and old, rich and poor, and all the rest
It didn't matter what your financial or social status was, you wanted a Mustang.
Lawyers to garbage collectors owned them.
Same goes for the Mazda 3, except the sales are not nearly what the Mustang racked up.
This 3 is popular with all kinds of people, although, I see more younger people driving hatchbacks than the sedans.
Bob.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Well said!
Except perhaps the HB statement?

And Ken, from what you've said before you are getting better mileage in your '08 than I am in my '04. I'm guessing that you drive more highway miles than I do. I'm happy when I hit the 29mpg mark on my regular drives to and from work (16.4miles one way.) It's the ride home that kills my mileage though, I'm sure.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Whats that supposed to mean?

No but really, I love my 3 and respect anybody else who drives one.

And about the Mustangs, from what I HAVE seen from them, they are a cheap man's sports car, and most the people I know who have them think they are the sh*t.
It kind annoys me.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Well, you left the opening so I was messin' with you.
Just messin' around.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 PM

No but really, I love my 3 and respect anybody else who drives one.

And about the Mustangs, from what I HAVE seen from them, they are a cheap man's sports car, and most the people I know who have them think they are the sh*t.
It kind annoys me.
1 of our Costumers has a new Shelby, 698 to the rear wheels, and I don't think that one is a poor mans sports car.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:35 PM

Virgin: I figured as much.

Siber: The mustang can be a power horse and a pretty slick ride if the right person owns it. I just said the people "I" know.

Quick Reply: Coming from an '06 BMW 330i ...