Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

can I make power please!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by mzdaspd304
Honestly I haven't done anything to the suspension to this car at all, i have a nice set of ebc brakes with my stock rotors and they seem to be doing just fine...Its starting to get a bit squeaky in back so i'm thinking about with some new struts and sway bars. I'm thinking eibach, I haven't done much research on this yet but it seems like everyone sticks with the speed3 parts. But I'm also 22 and don't mind if my teeth get knocked out. I mean my dad used to have a 95 z28 camaro and that thing would grip the road like no other but kill your back and give you a headache. it was like riding the oldest wooden roller coaster you could find.
The Hotchkis front and Rear Anti-sways seem to be the best. http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo....mber=HOT-22436 These are MASSIVE and will stiffen up the flex's in the chassis quite a bit.

I am honestly thinking of Suspension before power with this car. On this same site you can get Stoptech slotted rotors. I think the stock rotors are fine, but when they are worn, these are the puppies I will put on. Not only do they help, they look BAD A**!

Now I know people on here rock the speed3 springs. Waste of money in my opinion. I had springs on my STi and they lowered the car nice, but the performance was marginal if any and it rode stiff. I now have these... http://www.importimageracing.com/mm5...egory_Code=582

SUCH an improvement. Handles way better. is a softer ride and I can adjust the height to where I want it. I would buy coilovers 100 times over springs. With the 30 way adjust. damper, you can have it soft like a cadillac or stiff as a go kart and it is easy to adjust. Just twist a **** and your ready to rock!

Old 07-20-2009, 05:36 PM

IF you have a grand to spare on suspension parts. which i don't. Im happy with some coilovers and monotube shocks lol. i don't plan on drifting or taking corners insanely hard. my upgraded wider rims and sport tires are pretty close to all the extra handling i wanted. Sure i would like a little stiffer suspension and handling but i also don't need $1,000 suspension but i'm not talking as cheap as ebay suspension either.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:12 PM

your not gonna want the sway bars that big thats why i suggested the mazdaspeed (again not the mazdaspeed3) suspension parts (not the full coilovers just the shocks, springs, swaybar and camber kit) they will give supreme handling without the harsher ride. and for the rotors they are gonna last a LONG time and they provide plenty of stopping power (if you dont have abs DONT get the bigger rotors or the chance of skidding will be increased) and even longer with the ebc or hawk pads.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tracker
your not gonna want the sway bars that big thats why i suggested the mazdaspeed (again not the mazdaspeed3) suspension parts (not the full coilovers just the shocks, springs, swaybar and camber kit) they will give supreme handling without the harsher ride. and for the rotors they are gonna last a LONG time and they provide plenty of stopping power (if you dont have abs DONT get the bigger rotors or the chance of skidding will be increased) and even longer with the ebc or hawk pads.

link for mazdaspeed parts you are suggesting pls?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 PM

Thanks for the link. Springs are $499.00. I honestly would rather go with the $999 coilovers that I linked. right comfort and the handling/adjustability are worth the extra $500.

I do like the front bumper aero kit. Looks very nice!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

You can do better than $499. Racing Beat springs (or Tein H-Tech's) and SPC (rear) camber links would save you about $100+ over the MS equiv, offer the same reduction in ride height and ride.
Besides, do you really need the adjustability for the wife's car? Mine wouldn't care a bit.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:11 PM

abslolutely necessary. She likes the ride to be cushy and soft. I like a bit more sharpness. When I drive it is 1 min of clicking and I am off. It is really easy.

Have any of you actually had coilovers? They are surprisingly more comfortable than any spring that is offered, height adjustable so if you step up to taller/wider rims you don't have to cut, pull and roll your fenders (as much). I love them, the investment to me is well worth it.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:13 AM

ive actually rode in a mazda 3 with the BC coilovers and it rides pretty much like every other coilover setup ive ridden in...sharp response but horrible over bumps and potholes and noticeable hits over certian road bumps...im guessing the coilovers you have on your scooby must be made of magic . Yes the mazdaspeed springs are expensive but i also told you about the road magnets which are less then half.

Go here and look around see if you find any better deals: www.protegegarage.com