Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

A/C Fuse keeps blowing, strange... FIXED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Default A/C Fuse keeps blowing, strange... FIXED!

So I finally have a car (04 3s)with AC again, but not really.
The 10a fuse in the engine bay keeps blowing. While I am sitting in the driveway everything is fine and I can crank up the AC, but when I start driving the fuse blows and the air turns warm.
*after checking it out more, the fuse blows as soon as the car starts to roll. As in, I let the ebrake off, the car rolls , the fuse goes and the compressor cuts out. Not in gear (its manual) and no gas pedal, but the engines on. I have never heard of anything like this.
Any ideas?

PS: I am trying to find the previous owner. I bought it used and it was modded. Anyone know a NY/NJ silver 3s with strobes in all the lights, neon up front, dropped at least an inch, AEM intake, magnaflow exhaust, LCD on top of the dash, directed electronics remote start 2-way alarm system, aftermarket HIDs and fogs, dual tone air horn?
I would LOVE to talk to the p/o about whats been done.

And stay away from mazda of Lodi NJ. The sales department, at least the used guys, are liars, cheats, and idiots. I have a long story that backs up each of those claims....

Old 07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Default RE: AC Fuse keeps blowing, strange...

Just curious, you try a larger fuse?

Old 07-08-2007, 11:18 PM

no, not yet anyway. think that will tell me anything?

Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 PM

SOLVED! And for those who may have similar problems, here's what happened...
Knowing that there was a short and that it involved motion but not rpm's, air conditioning level, refrigerant, or any of that other typical stuff i looked at parts that move when the car rolls. Looking at the compressor, the power(?) connection is sort of on top. A wire runs from it to something else. Before the wire gets to that something else, it decided to take a rest against the axle, which over time had worn through the insulation causing it to short. Some electrical tape and a well placed cable tie and the AC is back in business.

And no, the AC is NOT as cold as cars with really good AC, but after 7 years of VW's with no air at all, its like driving through Antarctica.[8D]