Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Bluetooth & Mazda 3 i Touring

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Default Bluetooth & Mazda 3 i Touring

Hello fellow Mazda lovers. I've seen a few threads about these issues, but none of them seemed to answer my specific questions. If there is a thread out there that already has the answer, my apologies

1. My first question is about pairing my iPhone4 to the car using the Bluetooth connection. I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 i Touring. I am able to pair my phone, play music, and use the Play/Pause button. Works great and I LOVE IT. The problem is that I cannot use the "Seek Track" buttons (neither the ones on the steering wheel, or the onese on the console) to go to the next song. I have to actually pick up my phone and unlock it to change the song, which is inconvenient while driving, especially since I have a manual transmission. Does anyone know if there is a solution for this or if it just won't work?

2. My second question is a lot less important to me, and it has to do with importing contacts from my iPhone. I couldn't get a real answer from other forums if it is possible or not. I understand that if it is possible, only one contact could be imported at a time, which is fine with me. I saw where someone used Outlook Express to import his contacts, but if that is the only way to do it, I'd rather just manually create new entries. If anyone knows how to import contacts from the iPhone (even just one-by-one) without using a computer to do it, I'd appreciate it.

Like I said, the second question is not all that important to me. It would be nice to import contacts, but I'd rather be able to switch songs using the controls in the car instead of using the phone itself.

Thanks everyone!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:40 AM

I also just bought a 3i Touring model 2 months ago. Congrats!

1. I don't know for sure, but I will have to say the answer is most likely no. Here is my reasoning, the seek track buttons are only link to your car stereo system only. Besides, bluetooth is only like a wireless connection to your car stereo, I don't see how a car stereo control can send a controlling signal through bluetooth to tell your iphone to change track. That is pretty much how it has to be in order for your iphone to change track from your car seek track buttons.

2. Good luck with that. Mazda 3 is not exactly a "luxury" car or a "tech" car. I see no reason for Mazda to have this kind importing phonebook technology implemented on a sub-$20K car bluetooth system. For the more expensive lets say high-end Mazda 6 or CX-9, yea they probably will have this feature. At least my other car the 07 Acura TL has this feature standard, now that is a tech car.